Truckee track and field | Parker sixth at state in 100-meter dash
May 24, 2011
Truckee freshman Quinn Parker raced to a sixth-place finish in the 100-meter dash at the 3A State Track and Field Championships in Las Vegas this past Friday.
Parker, who was the only Wolverine to qualify for state, recorded a time of 13.52 seconds in the event. Lisa Aguilar of Sparks won in 12.79.
Parker competed in two events at the state meet. She entered her strongest race, the 200-meter dash, as the North’s No. 2 seed, but she disqualified after a false start.
Aguilar won that race as well, posting a time of 26.04. Parker finished in 27.34 at regionals the previous week, which would have easily placed her second at state behind Aguilar.
Elko’s girls won the 3A state championship, while Fallon won the men’s title.
Complete results from the state championship meet can be found at http://www.niaa.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill
- Truckee youngsters look to pin down gold at state