Truckee volleyball cruises past South Tahoe
September 28, 2017
The Truckee girls' volleyball team played host to South Tahoe on Wednesday, Sept. 27, and picked up a 3-1 victory in a key league game.
After struggling with losses to Dayton and Fernley to open play in the Class 3A Northern League, the Lady Wolverines have ripped off five consecutive wins in league play.
Truckee (8-8, 5-2 Northern League) took a close first set against South Tahoe (15-5, 4-3 Northern League), winning 27-25.
South Tahoe rebounded in the following set for a 25-19 win, but the Wolverines took the next two sets, each by a score of 25-22, to take the match.
Senior Madison Bromley led Truckee with 13 kills and four blocks. Sophomore Kelly Cross finished with 12 kills and junior Ryleigh Hogland had 11 kills. Senior Mia Curtis led the team will nine digs, followed by Cross with eight.
The Wolverines will look to continue their momentum with a game at Lowry (11-7, 4-2 Northern League) on Thursday, Sept. 28 at 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Statistics provided by MaxPreps.com
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee hammers South Tahoe for Sierra Bowl victory
- Southern League tennis teams sweep state finals
- Finishing strong: Bellon surpasses 3K career passing yards; Wolverines close regular season with Sierra Bowl
- Mercogliano surpasses 5,000 career passing yards in North Tahoe victory
- Truckee’s Flynn finishes runner-up at state golf tourney