Truckee volleyball cruises past South Tahoe
September 28, 2017
The Truckee girls' volleyball team played host to South Tahoe on Wednesday, Sept. 27, and picked up a 3-1 victory in a key league game.
After struggling with losses to Dayton and Fernley to open play in the Class 3A Northern League, the Lady Wolverines have ripped off five consecutive wins in league play.
Truckee (8-8, 5-2 Northern League) took a close first set against South Tahoe (15-5, 4-3 Northern League), winning 27-25.
South Tahoe rebounded in the following set for a 25-19 win, but the Wolverines took the next two sets, each by a score of 25-22, to take the match.
Senior Madison Bromley led Truckee with 13 kills and four blocks. Sophomore Kelly Cross finished with 12 kills and junior Ryleigh Hogland had 11 kills. Senior Mia Curtis led the team will nine digs, followed by Cross with eight.
The Wolverines will look to continue their momentum with a game at Lowry (11-7, 4-2 Northern League) on Thursday, Sept. 28 at 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Statistics provided by MaxPreps.com
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City