Truckee volleyball | Wolverines beat Spanish Springs in postseason tune-up
November 4, 2010
The Wolverines defeated Spanish Springs in four games on Monday, 25-21, 18-25, 25-22, 25-15, in a postseason tune-up for both teams.
Truckee, which is 2-1 against 4A Spanish Springs this year, improved to 29-4 overall with its 13th straight win.
Jillian Akers had the most serves with 19, followed by Krysta Murphy with 18. Allison Costa had the most aces with three. Annie Reiswig posted a match-high 18 kills, and Murphy finished with eight kills.
The Cougars had some strong hitters, which gave Truckee the opportunity to dig a total of 28 of balls. Akers had five digs, followed by Murphy and Reiswig with four, and Brittany Thomas, Kiersten Knoppel, Reiswig and Katie Mohun with three each. Akers had 30 assists out of 75 total sets.
Three players who were added to the roster contributed to the strong performance. Angelena Sahlberg led with three blocks, Sam Aubrey contributed eight serves and MacKenzie Redner had two kills, one block and two assists.
Truckee will host Lowry on Friday starting at 6 p.m. in a Northern 3A regional playoff match. The winner advances to the 3A State Championship at Galena High School on Nov. 12-13.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee women claim XTERRA titles
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes