Truckee volleyball: Wolverines face large schools at High Sierra
September 8, 2015
The Truckee volleyball team went 2-5 against mostly large schools in the High Sierra Invitational on Friday and Saturday.
The Wolverines opened the tournament with losses against California schools St. Francis, 2-1, Ponderosa, 2-0, Merced, 2-1, and Oakdale, 2-0.
They bounced back to defeat North Valleys, 2-0, and Merced, 2-0, in the teams' second meeting. Truckee then lost 2-0 to Northern Division I-A rival Lowry, falling by scores of 18-25 and 20-25.
In the final six matches (excluding the St. Francis match), Truckee junior Maia Dvoracek recorded 40 kills, including a match-high 11 kills in the first meeting with Merced.
The Wolverines (3-5) are scheduled to begin Northern Division I-A play with a road match at Sparks (1-2) on Wednesday. Truckee will host Fallon (1-4) on Friday starting at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Local skiing legend Mancuso announces pregnancy
- Pain McShlonkey returns to Squaw Valley this weekend
- Michelle Parker, Ben Paciotti claim Golden Saucers at Pain McShlonkey Hot Dog Downhill
- Truckee youngsters look to pin down gold at state