Truckee volleyball | Wolverines return from State Capitol visit
February 7, 2012
The Truckee High volleyball team was honored by Sen. Ted Gaines at the California State Capitol this past Thursday.
The visit included a tour of the capitol building and a presentation on the Senate Floor with Sen. Gaines. In addition, the Wolverines also received a note and certificates of recognition from Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval.
Truckee was honored for winning three consecutive NIAA state championships.
This past season, the Wolverines posted a final season record of 23-9 overall, with all of their losses coming against larger schools. The Wolverines defeated top Southern seed Boulder City in straight sets in the state championship match to earn their third title in as many years.
Sen. Gaines represents California’s 1st Senate District, which includes Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Lassen, Modoc, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento and Sierra counties.
Trending In: Sports
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Grocery stores back on table for Truckee Town Council
- Truckee Town Council looks to restore McIver Dairy property