Truckee volleyball | Wolverines return from State Capitol visit
February 7, 2012
The Truckee High volleyball team was honored by Sen. Ted Gaines at the California State Capitol this past Thursday.
The visit included a tour of the capitol building and a presentation on the Senate Floor with Sen. Gaines. In addition, the Wolverines also received a note and certificates of recognition from Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval.
Truckee was honored for winning three consecutive NIAA state championships.
This past season, the Wolverines posted a final season record of 23-9 overall, with all of their losses coming against larger schools. The Wolverines defeated top Southern seed Boulder City in straight sets in the state championship match to earn their third title in as many years.
Sen. Gaines represents California’s 1st Senate District, which includes Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Lassen, Modoc, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento and Sierra counties.
Trending In: Sports
- Dialysis doesn’t stop Truckee’s Josalyn Brown
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia