Truckee volleyball | Wolverines sweep past Railroaders
October 14, 2014
The Truckee volleyball team rebounded from its second league loss against Dayton last week with a win in straight sets over visiting Sparks on Friday.
The Wolverines then went 2-3 in a large-school tournament over the weekend, with wins over Spanish Springs and Wood (Vacaville), and losses to River City (Sacramento), Yuba City and Sonoma Valley. Truckee is now 7-2 in Northern Division I-A play and 12-11 overall.
Against Sparks, Truckee cruised to an easy victory, 25-8, 25-9, 25-19. Anais Fay was Truckee's Player of the Match, as she tallied a team-high nine kills, a block and four digs.
Truckee's service game was on point, as the Wolverines totaled 14 aces led by Maia Dvoracek's five aces and Katie Fisher's four aces. Shelby Gendreau added two aces and 12 assists.
Dvoracek also posted seven kills, five digs and 15 assists. Taylor Stevens had four kills, and Madison Haley had three kills.
The Wolverines were scheduled to play at Fallon on Tuesday and at Lowry on Friday. Truckee will host Fernley on Oct. 21 at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter