Truckee volleyball | Wolverines sweep past Railroaders
October 14, 2014
The Truckee volleyball team rebounded from its second league loss against Dayton last week with a win in straight sets over visiting Sparks on Friday.
The Wolverines then went 2-3 in a large-school tournament over the weekend, with wins over Spanish Springs and Wood (Vacaville), and losses to River City (Sacramento), Yuba City and Sonoma Valley. Truckee is now 7-2 in Northern Division I-A play and 12-11 overall.
Against Sparks, Truckee cruised to an easy victory, 25-8, 25-9, 25-19. Anais Fay was Truckee's Player of the Match, as she tallied a team-high nine kills, a block and four digs.
Truckee's service game was on point, as the Wolverines totaled 14 aces led by Maia Dvoracek's five aces and Katie Fisher's four aces. Shelby Gendreau added two aces and 12 assists.
Dvoracek also posted seven kills, five digs and 15 assists. Taylor Stevens had four kills, and Madison Haley had three kills.
The Wolverines were scheduled to play at Fallon on Tuesday and at Lowry on Friday. Truckee will host Fernley on Oct. 21 at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Dayton high school denied request to play in easier division
- Truckee Tahoe Junior Golf Tour opens season
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Lake Tahoe bike ride raises $4.7 million for cancer research