Truckee volleyball | Wolverines take down Galena in opener
September 1, 2015
The Truckee volleyball team began its season on a winning note Monday night, taking down visiting Galena in four sets, 25-15, 18-25, 25-18, 25-19, in a nonleague match.
Anais Fay and Maia Dvoracek tallied 13 kills apiece to lead the Wolverines' offensive attack.
Fay, who had eight kills in the first set, also recorded a team-high 15 digs and four service aces, while Dvoracek finished with 29 assists, eight digs and three aces.
Katie Fisher posted 10 kills and five digs to go along with her one ace and one block. Maddie Bromley had three kills, six digs and an ace.
Truckee was scheduled to host a nonleague match against Reed on Wednesday, but the contest was canceled. The Wolverines will compete this weekend in the competitive High Sierra Tournament, where they will face large schools from California and Nevada.
The Wolverines will then begin Northern Division I-A play at Sparks next Wednesday, Sept. 9. The next home match is Fallon on Friday, Sept. 11, at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall
- Squaw’s Ganong finishes 10th in final World Cup downhill, Bennett ends year seventh in downhill standings
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- North Tahoe’s Mattson drives in 15 runs, opens year 10-for-10 hitting
- Lakers clip Nighthawks, advance to league semis