Truckee wrestling | Five of six Wolverines make state cut
February 13, 2012
The Truckee wrestling team will be sending five of its six wrestlers to the 3A State Championship Tournament in Las Vegas this weekend, to be held at the UNLV campus.
Dylan Clifton (106 pounds), Max Collinson (160), Tyler Curtis (182) and Carlos Ramirez (195) all qualified in their respective weight classes at the qualifying tournament held in Elko this past weekend. Javier Virrey is the first alternate in his weight class.
The tournament starts Friday afternoon and continues Saturday. The team leaves for Las Vegas on Wednesday afternoon to practice and rest on Thursday. Weigh-ins to confirm their weight eligibility start first thing Friday.
and#8220;Although our team is small in numbers, Iand#8217;m proud of all of our wrestlers for their work and dedication coming to fruition with this honor of representing Truckee High School at the state tournament,and#8221; said Truckee head coach Ron Curtis.
The coach is assisted by his son, James Curtis, who won his weight class at state when he attended Truckee High.
Trending In: Sports
- Rivalry renewed: Truckee, North Tahoe soccer teams clash this weekend
- Lady Lakers and Wolverines collide Friday in battle of unbeatens
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Yerington football rallies to deny North Tahoe upset
- Class 3A football stat leaders through week 5