Truckee’s Jitloff joins Squaw Valley’s Mancuso as U.S. ski champs
April 1, 2009
GIRDWOOD, Alaska ” Another day, another title for a U.S. skier based in the Lake Tahoe area.
Tim Jitloff of Truckee, Calif., repeated today (Tuesday) as the giant slalom champion at the U.S. Alpine Ski Championships at Alyeska Resort in Alaska.
Jitloff was first in both runs and finished in a combined time of 2 minutes, 17.73 seconds.
Yesterday, Julia Mancuso capped a weekend of national championship skiing with a victory in the women’s giant slalom at the same event.
Mancuso trains at Squaw Valley USA just south of Truckee. It marked her 11th national title.
Trending In: Sports
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Old Trestle launches Truckee’s first distillery in 100 years