Truckee’s Sahlberg throws 2-hitter, strikes out 9
July 8, 2008
Complete-game victories by Truckee’s Keven Sahlberg and South Lake Tahoe’s Max Delallo enabled the Tahoe Tsunami to win a three-game baseball series with the Berkeley Barons this past weekend.
Sahlberg, a 2008 Truckee High grad, tossed a two-hitter and struck out nine as the Tsunami beat the Barons 11-1 in the second game of a doubleheader Saturday. On Sunday Delallo, a junior-to-be at South Tahoe High, threw a four-hitter and fanned 11 as Tahoe defeated Berkeley 5-2.
Berkeley won the opening game 7-2 Saturday by scoring four times in the sixth inning after being shut down by Jason Winslow in the prior innings.
Truckee senior-to-be Justin Vosburgh delivered a triple and double, and Chris Ewing, a South Tahoe senior next fall, hit an RBI single and executed a safety squeeze to plate another run.
Tahoe had six doubles in the defeat, including two by Matt Theis of Truckee.
The Tsunami will play host to Spanish Springs at 5 p.m. on Tuesday and North Valleys at 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee man accused of raping teen
- Coming soon: a theater near you – Truckee Art Haus on track for downtown
- Rally for Rasta Stevie: Tahoe community comes together to support self-described ski bum, emcee
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Truckee Donner Land Trust awarded more than $750,000 for forest health work