Twins to host Reno Astros in Truckee
July 8, 2010
The Tahoe Twins are scheduled to host a doubleheader against the Reno Astros at Truckee High School on Saturday at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Twins manager Bob Habeger said Jesse Hildebrandt will likely start the first game on the mound while Sean Bernardo will pitch Game 2. The local ballclub is playing in Truckee instead of its usual home field at North Tahoe Regional Park due to a scheduling conflict, Habeger said.
The Twins, a semi-pro team made up of North Tahoe and Truckee ballplayers, carry a 9-9 record overall into the doubleheader after splitting a pair against the Chico Sugar Kings on June 26. The Twins shut out the Sugar Kings 4-0 before losing the second contest 4-3.
Habeger said the Twins have struggled both offensively and defensively in recent action, a trend he hopes turns around against the highly competitive Astros, also a semi-pro team.
and#8220;We need to,and#8221; Habeger said, adding that the Twinsand#8217; pitching has stood out as a bright spot. and#8220;The Astros are not a team to go out and work on things against.and#8221;
The manager said the Twins may gain a couple of new players who are living in the Tahoe area and have expressed interest in joining the team.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list