U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix: Shaun White shines at Copper Mountain
December 11, 2009
Shaun White of Carlsbad, Calif., was nearly perfect on his second run as the defending Olympic gold medalist led menand#8217;s halfpipe qualifying at the U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix on Friday at Copper Mountain, Colo.
After trailing Louie Vito on the first run, White stomped his final attempt with a score of 49.50. Vito also improved on his second run and finished second at 48.60.
Also qualifying for Saturdayand#8217;s finals were Gregory Brett (45.70), Danny Davis (45.50), Dustin Craven (44.50), Scott Lago (44.30), Steven Fisher (43.30) and Jerret Thomas (43.20).
Meyers resident Elijah Teter just missed qualifying for the finals as he placed 12th with a score of 42.60. Andy Finch of Truckee was 24th at 39.50.
The Grand Prix will be broadcast on NBC at 11 a.m. Sunday. It will be shown again on Dec. 27 by Versus.
Trending In: Sports
- Investigation continues on man found on Truckee railroad tracks
- Man with knife apprehended in possible Truckee stabbing
- Truckee Traffic Report: Route 89 one-way operation; Westbound I-80 lane closure
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 3: Local entities aim to crack Tahoe’s housing crunch
- Wolverines make statement with win over Fernley