U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix: Shaun White shines at Copper Mountain
December 11, 2009
Shaun White of Carlsbad, Calif., was nearly perfect on his second run as the defending Olympic gold medalist led menand#8217;s halfpipe qualifying at the U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix on Friday at Copper Mountain, Colo.
After trailing Louie Vito on the first run, White stomped his final attempt with a score of 49.50. Vito also improved on his second run and finished second at 48.60.
Also qualifying for Saturdayand#8217;s finals were Gregory Brett (45.70), Danny Davis (45.50), Dustin Craven (44.50), Scott Lago (44.30), Steven Fisher (43.30) and Jerret Thomas (43.20).
Meyers resident Elijah Teter just missed qualifying for the finals as he placed 12th with a score of 42.60. Andy Finch of Truckee was 24th at 39.50.
The Grand Prix will be broadcast on NBC at 11 a.m. Sunday. It will be shown again on Dec. 27 by Versus.
Trending In: Sports
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- Two arrested at Truckee Rite Aid on burglary, drug charges
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)