U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix: Shaun White shines at Copper Mountain
December 11, 2009
Shaun White of Carlsbad, Calif., was nearly perfect on his second run as the defending Olympic gold medalist led menand#8217;s halfpipe qualifying at the U.S. Snowboarding Grand Prix on Friday at Copper Mountain, Colo.
After trailing Louie Vito on the first run, White stomped his final attempt with a score of 49.50. Vito also improved on his second run and finished second at 48.60.
Also qualifying for Saturdayand#8217;s finals were Gregory Brett (45.70), Danny Davis (45.50), Dustin Craven (44.50), Scott Lago (44.30), Steven Fisher (43.30) and Jerret Thomas (43.20).
Meyers resident Elijah Teter just missed qualifying for the finals as he placed 12th with a score of 42.60. Andy Finch of Truckee was 24th at 39.50.
The Grand Prix will be broadcast on NBC at 11 a.m. Sunday. It will be shown again on Dec. 27 by Versus.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City