April 18, 2006
The Truckee High swim team won both of its last two meets, and set two school records. The Wolverine boys beat Sparks 146-40 and the girls won 157-29 on April 7. Against Hug on April 12, the Truckee boys won 109-18 and the girls won 153-29. The reason for the lopsided scores, however, was the fact that Sparks and Hug had only about eight swimmers each, said Truckee swim coach Carey Parlette.
Sophomore Arek O’Connell broke the Truckee school record in the 50 Freestyle with a time of 23.14 while the boys team of O’Connell, Daniel Gelso, Matt Gelso and Teague Mason set a new mark in the 200 Medley Relay with a time of 1:53.94.
The Truckee boys and girls swimmers are undefeated in league, with North Valleys as the closest competition. The Wolverines face off against North Valleys Saturday, April 29 at 2 p.m. at Northwest Pool in Reno.
The Truckee High JV softball team won both games of a doubleheader 9-4 and 12-6 against Yerington last Tuesday.
In Game 1, Allee Macrorie went 2 for 3 and had a great defensive game, catching three fly balls in center field, said Wolverines head coach Kelly Abercrombie. Ali Tucker went 2-3 with a double and triple, Ashlyn Aulwurm 1 for 4 with a double and Jaimee Raber 2 for 4 with a double. Kati Murphy pitched the game and had eight strikeouts.
In the second game, Allee Macrorie went 4 for 4 with a walk and three runs scored; Lauren Cowden 1 for 1 with a double (before hurting her ankle stealing third), Annie Duner 3 for 4; Ashlyn Aulwurm 2 for 4; and Kati Murphy 1 for 4 with a triple. Hannah Zusy pitched the game and recorded one strikeout.
Recommended Stories For You
Coaches: Please send game write-ups with scores, stats, etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 550-2653. If this is not possible, please appoint someone to do so. The deadline for Wednesday’s paper is noon on Monday. The deadline for Friday’s paper is noon on Wednesday.
Trending In: Sports
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Truckee River to remain low near Tahoe City
- Eastbound I-80 to close east of Truckee on Tuesday
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89