Wolverines ski to Alpine win
January 12, 2007
Truckee High’s Alpine ski team took first place overall in the Tahoe Basin League’s second league race of the season, winning the Douglas-hosted Heavenly GS on Wednesday with a combined score of 346.
South Tahoe placed second overall with 327 points and North Tahoe third with 299. The win was the second in as many races for the Wolverines, who won the Alpine GS on Jan. 4.
Truckee’s girls placed first with 182 points and were followed by South Tahoe (153) and North Tahoe (152). The Truckee boys (164) finished second to South Tahoe (174). North Tahoe’s boys were third (147).
Individually, the Truckee and North Tahoe girls dominated the top five, with the Wolverines taking first, second and fourth ” Brandie Macken, Shelby Macrorie and Michelle Delumyea ” and the Lakers’ Danielle Smallman finishing third.
On the boys’ side, Truckee’s Max Salinger and Danny Kruck placed fifth and sixth, respectively. North Tahoe’s Zach Tomlinson was seventh.
The next race is a slalom scheduled for Jan. 23 at Heavenly.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- Eastern U.S. snowboard company lands at Squaw Valley as part of wild ride through country
- Squaw Valley’s Cashman picks up Nor-Am win at Snow King
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Truckee man in good health after near-fatal ski accident in Russia