Wolverines ski to Alpine win
January 12, 2007
Truckee High’s Alpine ski team took first place overall in the Tahoe Basin League’s second league race of the season, winning the Douglas-hosted Heavenly GS on Wednesday with a combined score of 346.
South Tahoe placed second overall with 327 points and North Tahoe third with 299. The win was the second in as many races for the Wolverines, who won the Alpine GS on Jan. 4.
Truckee’s girls placed first with 182 points and were followed by South Tahoe (153) and North Tahoe (152). The Truckee boys (164) finished second to South Tahoe (174). North Tahoe’s boys were third (147).
Individually, the Truckee and North Tahoe girls dominated the top five, with the Wolverines taking first, second and fourth ” Brandie Macken, Shelby Macrorie and Michelle Delumyea ” and the Lakers’ Danielle Smallman finishing third.
On the boys’ side, Truckee’s Max Salinger and Danny Kruck placed fifth and sixth, respectively. North Tahoe’s Zach Tomlinson was seventh.
The next race is a slalom scheduled for Jan. 23 at Heavenly.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)
- North Tahoe’s Mercogliano finishes prolific career as league MVP
- Truckee’s Ryan Funk wins first Junior SUP World Championship
- Third annual Captain Nordic Day at Auburn Ski Club set for Saturday
- Truckee gridiron great finishes standout freshman season
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats