Young Truckee runners compete at Junior Nationals
December 21, 2012
Four students from Truckee’s Alder Creek Middle School traveled to New Mexico on Dec. 8 to compete in the USA Track and Field Junior Olympic National Cross Country Running Championships.
The four young athletes, Claire Lang-Ree, Carrie Bradley, Jordy Guldman and Dylan Thomas, reached the National Championship races based on their times in divisional and sectional qualifying races in November in Folsom.
Truckee High track coach Diana Yale helped the racers with vital training sessions and race strategy tips during their post season advancement. They joined 3,000 other runners from all 50 states in 3-kilometer and 4-kilometer races at Balloon Fiesta Park in Albuquerque.
Trending In: Sports
- Squaw Valley couple launches YouTube channel featuring athletic exploits
- North Tahoe girls sweep podium at Alpine Meadows (GALLERY)
- Truckee snowboarder Toby Miller claims fourth at world championships
- Truckee boys pick up pair of wins ahead of season finale
- Truckee state baseball, soccer champions honored
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)
- Another storm headed for Lake Tahoe this week