Youth soccer | North Tahoe U12 team wins title at Kit Carson Shootout
November 10, 2010
The North Tahoe Lakers U12 girlsand#8217; soccer team recently finished 4-0 en route to winning the championship in their division at the Kit Carson (all-star) Tournament in Carson City.
The tournament included teams from the AYSO Area 2F region, which includes Bishop, Mammoth, Smith Valley, Carson Valley, South Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, North Tahoe and Truckee.
There was great weather, good sportsmanship and excellent soccer in the tournament.
North Tahoeand#8217;s championship run was impressive, as the team allowed only one goal in the four games while scoring 13 against its competition.
Evelyn Alonzo scored six goals, Valencia Covell contributed four goals, and Emma Appleton, Jane Nall and Yessica Sanchez scored one goal apiece to lead the offense. Valencia scored a go-ahead goal in the final regulation seconds of the semifinal game for the win, enabling the North Tahoe team to play for the championship.
and#8212; This article was e-mailed to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe races recognized by nation’s oldest association of running organizations
- North Tahoe’s Anderson, Murnane win high school Nordic opener at Sugar Bowl
- Lakers skiers look to continue winning ways at Alpine Meadows
- Ski wrap: Hurt leads Nor-Am Cup standings as tour heads to US
- North Tahoe’s Lady Lakers ride to second straight slalom win at Alpine Meadows
- (VIDEO) Winter storm expected to deliver several feet of snow to local ski resorts; up to 2 feet in Truckee, Tahoe
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Town of Truckee looking to relocate downtown transit center
- Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe now serves as a lakewide pet care, resource network
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter