Youth soccer | North Tahoe U12 team wins title at Kit Carson Shootout
November 10, 2010
The North Tahoe Lakers U12 girlsand#8217; soccer team recently finished 4-0 en route to winning the championship in their division at the Kit Carson (all-star) Tournament in Carson City.
The tournament included teams from the AYSO Area 2F region, which includes Bishop, Mammoth, Smith Valley, Carson Valley, South Lake Tahoe, Incline Village, North Tahoe and Truckee.
There was great weather, good sportsmanship and excellent soccer in the tournament.
North Tahoeand#8217;s championship run was impressive, as the team allowed only one goal in the four games while scoring 13 against its competition.
Evelyn Alonzo scored six goals, Valencia Covell contributed four goals, and Emma Appleton, Jane Nall and Yessica Sanchez scored one goal apiece to lead the offense. Valencia scored a go-ahead goal in the final regulation seconds of the semifinal game for the win, enabling the North Tahoe team to play for the championship.
and#8212; This article was e-mailed to Sports Editor Sylas Wright at email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- World-class granite: Local climbing outfits help to access Truckee-Donner’s unparalleled routes
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Squaw Valley Kids Adventures Games returns for fifth year
- U.S. Ski Team announces 2018-19 alpine nominations
- Tahoe City’s Kimble, Truckee’s Bohm win Squaw Valley Half Marathon
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City