Truckee Police Logs: Aug. 20-27
• Officers took a report of a subject violating a protective order via online communication.
• An injured deer was located and dispatched.
• Unknown subjects defaced the underside of a bridge with graffiti.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI and driving on suspended driver license.
• A vehicle was reported as abandoned by code enforcement. The vehicle was determined to be a hazard and was towed.
• Reporting party called to report vandalism to his vehicle and residence on Dorchester Drive. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• A suspect was contacted regarding two felony warrants. He was located and arrested on Northwoods Boulevard. During the investigation the suspect was in possession of prescription medication not prescribed to him. The prescription is listed as Class 3 narcotic. The suspect was also charged for possession of a controlled substance.
• A subject reported theft of items by prior roommate.
• A subject had outstanding felony warrant. The subject was located by a town gas station and taken into custody for the warrant.
• A juvenile was found in possession of a stolen bicycle. The juvenile was cited and released to his mother.
• Police volunteer found a backpack in the downtown area. The property was booked into Truckee Police Department for safekeeping.
• Reporting party called to report the use of a fake $100 bill at a local business on Deerfield Drive.
• Officers were sent to the area of Donner Pass Road and Levon Avenue to check on the welfare of a family that appeared to be homeless and with an infant child.
• A subject entered residence on Jeffery Pine Road. The subject used an unlocked back yard sliding door and went through a female’s underwear drawer.
• Two taxi cabs were stopped for picking up passengers within town limits without a taxi license issued by the town of Truckee. Citations were issued to both of the drivers for municipal code violations.
• Officers took a report of vandalism in the restaurant parking lot on Rue Hilltop. It resulted in civil conclusion.
• Anonymous caller reported a subject using drugs in a vehicle. The vehicle and the subject were located and the subject was found to be in possession of several types of controlled substance. The subject was booked for felony controlled substance possession.
• Officers responded to a report of a scantily clad intoxicated woman roaming the west end of Donner Lake. The woman was located inside of a residence where the homeowners had taken her in for her safety. The woman’s family was contacted and arrived to transport her home for the evening.
• Two juveniles were smoking marijuana in a vehicle. Their parents were contacted and the juveniles were released.
• Officers reported a non-injury two vehicle traffic accident occurred on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers reported a single vehicle accident with minor injuries to the driver.
• Officers were dispatched to a local business on Donner Pass Road regarding a suspicious person in the restroom possibly lighting a fire. Officers responded and located the subject a short distance from the business. The subject was subsequently arrested for drug paraphernalia charges and booked in Nevada County Jail.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE — Fighting fire with fire sometimes goes bad.