Truckee Police Logs, Aug. 24-Sept. 3
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for August 24 through Sept. 3, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to a report of a scantily clad intoxicated woman roaming the west end of Donner Lake. The woman was located inside of a residence where the homeowners had taken her in for her safety. The woman’s family was contacted and arrived to transport her home for the evening.
• Two juveniles were smoking marijuana in a vehicle. Their parents were contacted and the juveniles were released.
• Officers reported a non-injury two vehicle traffic accident occurred on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers reported a single vehicle accident with minor injuries to the driver.
• Officers were dispatched to a local business on Donner Pass Road regarding a suspicious person in the restroom possibly lighting a fire. Officers responded and located the subject a short distance from the business. The subject was subsequently arrested for drug paraphernalia charges and booked in Nevada County Jail.
• Officers were dispatched to a local apartment complex on Waters Way regarding vandalism. Sometime during the night, the rear window of the victim’s vehicle was shattered with a rock. The victim has no idea who might have committed the vandalism.
• A counter report was taken for vehicle accident that occurred last week.
• Officers contacted the victim of an identity theft in the lobby of the Truckee Police Department. The victim was contacted by his bank and made aware of the use of his social security card.
• A vehicle was repossessed on Eton Place and the owner was not aware. The vehicle was entered in the system for stolen vehicles.
• Officers reported theft of gasoline from vehicles parked in a driveway. There is no suspect information.
• Reporting party went to the police department to report his juvenile daughter was physically restrained by her step-father. The reporting party requested this incident to be documented.
• A vehicle was stopped after the driver drove it into the shoulder of the roadway. A contact was made with the driver and he was determined to be DUI and was arrested.
• Male and female subject got into a physical fight on Donner Pass Road. The female subject was arrested for domestic violence.
• Officers reported vehicle vs. bicycle collision with non-life-threatening injuries.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers responded to a report of a grass fire. No grass fire was present, but one subject was cited for an illegal camp fire.
• Officers reported a minor injury traffic collision.
• Officers responded to a traffic collision involving a vehicle and a bicyclist.
• Subject reported his friend was found deceased in bed on Bear Meadow Court. It was apparent natural death.
• Elderly women died in her sleep from apparent natural causes on Snowpeak Way.
• Officers reported a domestic dispute on Martis Valley Road.
• A subject was arguing with his girlfriend about money while walking downtown. The woman did not want to stay with the man. The man was so intoxicated that he was unable to care for himself and was arrested and released.
• Officers took an anonymous report of a naked man inside of a business on Donner Pass Road.
• Reporting party reported her iPod was stolen from her residence on Martis Valley Road. The reporting party thinks her estranged husband stole the iPod when he came over to pick up the children’s clothing.
• Officers reported vandalism to a restroom at the beach park facility on South Shore Drive.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for DUI and driving without license.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Truckee football team dropped their Class 3A Northern West League opener at Surprise Stadium this afternoon, falling 28-21 to North Valleys.