Truckee Police Logs: Dec. 3-15
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Dec. 3-15 along with previously unreported incidents.
• A counter report was taken for a lost wedding ring on Truckee Airport Road.
• A reporting party found fraudulent charges on his credit card account. The investigation is pending.
• A victim reported fraudulent use of her credit card at a couple of businesses in Kings Beach. The case was forwarded to Placer County Sheriff’s Office for review.
• A victim contacted law enforcement after her carpets were cleaned by a local company. The victim realized that one of her gold rings was missing. Due to lack of evidence the case was suspended.
• A minor assault between two residents occurred on Estate Drive. Officers documented the case for informational purposes.
• A subject reported the theft of his Macbook laptop from local business on Donner Pass Road.
• A driver got out of the vehicle before placing it into park. The vehicle became runaway vehicle and subsequently collided with a snow pole and a rock on Jeffery Pine Road.
• Reporting party called and said they believed they just heard collision near Stockholm Way and Alder Creek Road. Truckee Police Officers located the vehicle and the driver involved in the collision. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol while operating a motor vehicle.
• A single vehicle, non-injury collision occurred on Alder Creek Road. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle non-injury collision with damage of a stop sign.
• A snowblower was stolen from the side of a garage on Lausanne Way.
• Officers took a report of single vehicle collision on Glenshire Drive. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A subject was arrested for DUI after being involved in collision on Glenshire Drive and Overland Trail.
• Officers arrested a driver for DUI on Donner Pass Road at Church Street.
• Officers stopped a driver for vehicle code violation On Jibboom at Spring Street. While talking with the driver, officers saw the barrel of a rifle sticking up from between the seats as well as a bat and a spring loaded ASP-type baton. The driver had no ID and provided two different names for himself. The driver was arrested for possession of deadly weapon and ID violations.
• An unknown person spray painted gang type graffiti on several buildings around in the Truckee River Regional Park near the Placer County Community School.
• Officer conducted a traffic stop for an equipment violation. Traffic investigation revealed the license plates were switched. The driver also had an active misdemeanor warrant. The Driver was arrested for falsely displaying license plates and the warrant.
• A subject was cited and released for shoplifting from a business on Donner Pass Road.
• An unknown suspect took items from victim’s unlocked vehicle without the knowledge or consent of the victim.
• A subject was contacted as she exited her vehicle on High Street. She was found to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested for DUI and booked into Nevada County Jail.
• A roommate moved out of house on Kaiser Avenue and stole several items. The items were returned, and a report was taken for information only.
• The school requested an information report to be taken regarding a student who brought a sleep aid to school. The student had also been caught rolling a marijuana cigarette.
• Police received a report regarding physical altercation between two brothers on Estates Drive. The case was investigated and it was determined to be minor. An informational report was taken.
• A female victim reported her husband threatened to kill her with a handgun. The suspect was located and arrested. A handgun was seized as evidence.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations on Donner Pass Road at Summit Drive. The subject was found to have warrants and a suspended driver’s license. The subject was cited and released at the scene.
• A student went to the locker room with the intentions of stealing an iPhone so he can listen to music. While in the locker room the student located an iPhone as well as a pair of boots, which he stole. The student was identified and arrested.
• A subject was arrested for DUI on Brockway Road.
• Officers took a report of non-injury vehicle collision involving a town sand truck and passenger vehicle.
• A subject left unwanted gifts on porch of residence on Forest Lane. It turned out to be a Secret Santa. Informational report was taken.
• A reporting party was involved in a verbal argument with her neighbor. The reporting party did not like how her neighbor was talking to his wife. An investigation determined no crime had occurred.
• A single vehicle non-injury rollover collision occurred on Glenshire Drive.
• Officers took a report of residential burglary and stolen vehicle from an apartment complex. The suspect was arrested inside the stolen vehicle on a separate incident. The suspect was held in custody on additional felony charges, which are being forwarded to the District Attorney Office.
• Officers took a report of a subject who had injected drugs in a gas station bathroom. The subject was located and arrested for possession of a controlled substance, possession of hashish, possession of drug paraphernalia and being under the influence of a controlled substance.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.