Truckee police logs, Nov. 12-19
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Nov. 12-19, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A victim of fictitious check scam was contacted in the lobby of the Truckee Police Department. Preliminary investigation shows the victim’s check account was stolen and printed on fictitious checks and used at several Southern California department stores
• A reporting party claimed a previous friend threatened her over some relationship issues. Officers took a report for documentation only.
• Officers took a report of illegal dumping and related suspicious activity that may be related to scrap metal thefts in the area. The incident occurred on West River Street.
• A reporting party called and wished to make a documentation report regarding a conversation she had with her ex-husband.
• A reporting party located an old wallet under his house on Stuart Ct and turned the wallet in to police.
• A report was forwarded to Nevada County Probation Department regarding a juvenile, whose behavior was uncontrollable toward one of his parents.
• A verbal argument between two grandmothers over child custody issues turned into a physical confrontation between the two grandmothers. One of the grandmothers had left the scene prior to officer’s arrival. The other grandmother had minor scrapes from the confrontation. The incident occurred on Olympic Drive.
• Two juveniles were found to be in possession of alcohol on school grounds. Charges were forwarded to juvenile probation.
• Subject purchased items and brought them to a nonprofit school on Palisades Drive. When subject stopped working at the nonprofit school, she had her husband go and retrieve the items. The reporting party wanted to see receipts before subject removed the items from the nonprofit school.
• A vehicle was stolen the previous night or in the morning of November 16 out of the parking lot on Estates Drive. The vehicle was entered into the system and the case is pending further leads.
• Officers arrested a male subject for no bail warrant out of Nevada County.
• A juvenile was detained and arrested by loss prevention officer for shoplifting on Donner Pass Road. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
Support Local Journalism
Your support means a better informed community.