Truckee Police Logs, Nov. 12-26
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Nov. 12-26, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A victim of fictitious check scam was contacted in the lobby of the Truckee Police Department. Preliminary investigation shows the victim’s check account was stolen and printed on fictitious checks and used at several Southern California department stores
• A reporting party claimed a previous friend threatened her over some relationship issues. Officers took a report for documentation only.
• Officers took a report of illegal dumping and related suspicious activity that may be related to scrap metal thefts in the area. The incident occurred on West River Street.
• A reporting party called and wished to make a documentation report regarding a conversation she had with her ex-husband.
• A reporting party located an old wallet under his house on Stuart Ct and turned the wallet in to police.
• A report was forwarded to Nevada County Probation Department regarding a juvenile, whose behavior was uncontrollable toward one of his parents.
• A verbal argument between two grandmothers over child custody issues turned into a physical confrontation between the two grandmothers. One of the grandmothers had left the scene prior to officer’s arrival. The other grandmother had minor scrapes from the confrontation. The incident occurred on Olympic Drive.
• Two juveniles were found to be in possession of alcohol on school grounds. Charges were forwarded to juvenile probation.
• Subject purchased items and brought them to a nonprofit school on Palisades Drive. When subject stopped working at the nonprofit school, she had her husband go and retrieve the items. The reporting party wanted to see receipts before subject removed the items from the nonprofit school.
• A vehicle was stolen the previous night or in the morning of November 16 out of the parking lot on Estates Drive. The vehicle was entered into the system and the case is pending further leads.
• Officers arrested a male subject for no bail warrant out of Nevada County.
• A juvenile was detained and arrested by loss prevention officer for shoplifting on Donner Pass Road. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
• A local business located on River Park Place was unlawfully entered and cash was stolen from the cash register. The owner of the business suspects her son might be responsible for the theft. The case is pending.
• A reporting party attempted to contact her elderly neighbor who suffers from medical problems. The victim did not come to the door which prompted the reporting party to contact police dispatch. Fire personnel and law enforcement entered the residence and found the victim deceased from an apparent medical episode. The incident was documented.
• Victim reported an unknown suspect entered his unlocked vehicle and dumped raw sewage into the passenger compartment. The incident occurred on Surrey Place in Glenshire. The case is pending additional evidence or suspect information.
• Anonymous reporting party called in saying there was a male subject with a rope in his hand on Highway 89 South. Officers located a male who was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia and admitted to injecting methamphetamine earlier in the day. He admitted to being the anonymous reporting party and making the call. It was determined he was not suicidal. He was subsequently arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Officers a verbal argument between husband and wife on Royal Way.
• A subject was contacted and suspected of being under the influence of a controlled substance. He was subsequently arrested.
• Officers conducted a probation search of a local probationer’s residence. During the search a glass pipe commonly used for smoking methamphetamine was located in the subject’s pocket. The subject provided a urine sample which tested presumptive positive for methamphetamine. The subject was arrested and booked into Nevada County Jail.
• Officers reported theft of property from unlocked vehicle on Bernese Lane.
• An unknown suspect removed several items from two vehicles parked in the driveway on Bernese Lane.
• Officers took a report of theft of property from unlocked vehicle parked on Bernese Lane.
• Officers reported theft of property from unlocked vehicle on Schussing Way.
• An unknown suspect burglarized an apartment on Estate Drive and stole the television from the living room. There is ongoing investigation.
• A female left her vehicle unsecured on Jeffery Pine Road. The following morning she noticed someone had “rifled” through her vehicle and stole $38 in cash.
• A snowblower was stolen from driveway on Rainbow Drive. The case was closed due to lack of suspect leads.
• Two subjects shot handguns from a balcony in town limits. A report was taken and sent to District Attorney for review.
• Suspect and victim are married. The suspect pushed the victim, causing victim to cut her wrist on a piece of glass. Officers arrested the suspect for domestic violence. The victim was transported to the hospital by family member.
• Officers took a report of a verbal argument between ex-spouses on Zurich Place.
• Male subject lost his wallet somewhere in Truckee. The wallet was reported as lost property.
• Officers responded to a 911 call regarding a kidnapping in progress on Alder Creek Road. The suspect who made the 911 call was found to be under the influence of a narcotic and was arrested. There was no evidence showing that kidnapping had taken place.
Support Local Journalism
Your support means a better informed community.