Truckee Police logs, Nov. 26-Dec. 3
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Nov. 26-Dec. 3, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers took a report of theft of computer and computer modem from inside residence. There is no suspect information at this time.
• Officers took a report of stolen traffic control trailer valued at $10,000.
• Officers took a report of theft of property from unlocked vehicle on Northwoods Boulevard. There is no suspect information at this time.
• The reporting party contacted law enforcement after his vehicle had been stolen from the parking lot of the apartment complex where he lives on Waters Way. The vehicle was recovered next day. The case is pending suspect information.
• Officers took a report of a theft of snow blower from in front of residence on Skislope Way.
• Officers took a report of verbal argument between husband and wife on Nelson Street. There was no crime; only informational report was taken.
• Truckee Police officers were dispatched to an address on Dolomite Way regarding an assault. It was determined a married couple that had been drinking was involved in a domestic dispute, where an assault had occurred. An aggressor was determined and booked into Nevada County Jail on domestic violence charges.
• Teacher requested informational report to be taken regarding incident that occurred in a classroom on Dorchester Drive
• Officers took a report of non-injury collusion that occurred in the roundabout on highway 89 North at Donner Pass Road.
• A physical altercation among several male subjects occurred on Donner Pass Road. One subject was cited for battery.
• A local cab driver called to report he was battered by a subject after a cab on Rainbow Drive.
• A business owner found a wallet on Jibboom Street and turned it in.
• Officers took a report of a subject throwing ice at neighbor’s house due to multiple ongoing disputes. The incident occurred on Sierra Drive; the report was forwarded to District Attorney for review.
• A single vehicle non-injury collusion on Northwoods Boulevard resulted in damage of telephone pole.
• A driver lost control of a vehicle and slid onto homeowner’s property, casing damage. A report was taken for information only.
• A driver was involved in single vehicle collusion on Glenshire Drive. The driver was arrested for driving under the influence.
• Officers were dispatched to an address on Highway 89 South on a report of 22-year-old son fighting with his father. Upon arrival, the father told the police officers his son was under the influence of drugs and had attacked him. The son appeared to be under the influence of methamphetamine and was aggressive toward the officers.
Upon attempting to arrest him he broke free and came at one of the officers, and then he was tasered. The son was booked without further incident.