Truckee Police Logs, Oct. 15-28
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for October 15-28, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Officers responded to a vandalism call on Estates Drive. The back window of victim’s vehicle was broken by an unknown object.
• Victim wanted to report a broken window to his business by an unknown male. The incident occurred on Bridge Street and the case was documented.
• A suspect was contacted on College Trail after being reported as extremely intoxicated. The suspect was determined to be drunk in public and was arrested.
• Officers reported a two-vehicle non-injury hit-and-run collision on Old Mill Road.
• A citizen located a wallet on Donner Pass Road and turned it into Nevada County Sheriff’s Office as found property. The owner of the wallet was contacted but failed to come in and pick it up.
• Officers were dispatched to check the welfare of a juvenile on Waters Way. No foul play was observed.
• Former employee used false name and signature to purchase item from company account.
• Officers took a report of theft of a cellphone from an unsecured bag on the back of a motorcycle parked on Lenelle Lane.
• Three juveniles started a fire behind a residence on Stallion Way. The fire was contained after burning a small area.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violations. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Male and female in a dating relationship were involved in a verbal confrontation inside of their residence on Brockway Road. Report was generated for documentation purpose.
• Officers took a report of a violation of protective order on Spring Lane. Officers were unable to locate the suspect.
• Officers took a report of overnight theft of property from unlocked vehicle on Slalom Way. There is no suspect information.
• Officer was dispatched to a local apartment complex on Martis Valley Road regarding a vandalism that occurred prior. The reporting party, the manager, reported the vandalism occurring approximately a month ago, with no suspect information. The reporting party stated the complex owner requested a report to be completed for insurance purposes.
• Officers responded to a possible drug deal in progress. Officers arrived on scene and located three subjects who were identified by the reporting party as being involved with the possible drug deal. Officers subsequently arrested the subjects for possession of marijuana.
• Officers responded to a local business on Dorchester Drive regarding a vandalism. The vandalism reported was graffiti on the exterior of the business.
• Officer was contacted by the victim of a possible internet related fraud. Upon investigation, it was determined the incident was a civil matter. Officer provided the reporting party with information that could assist him during the civil process.
• Found wallet was turned into Truckee Police Department.
• Reporting party called to report her live-in boyfriend was unresponsive when she arrived home. Fire Department arrived and performed CPR. The victim was transported by CareFlight to a Reno hospital.
• Officers responded to a possible bullying case. The case is still under investigation.
• Informational report was taken on suspicious circumstances regarding a senior citizen’s finances.
• A subject was contacted at his residence on Donner Pass Road. Two outstanding felony charges were confirmed and the subject was subsequently taken into custody. The subject was transported to the hospital for medical clearance and then into Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• Officers took a report of a two-vehicle, non-injury collision that occurred on Town of Truckee maintained roadway.
• Probation search was conducted and revealed an active probationer in possession of narcotics, and illegal weapons violations. The probationer was cited and released to guardian.
• A subject turned in a wallet found on a bike ride in the Tahoe area.
• Vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation. A search of the vehicle turned up narcotics. The driver was arrested.
• Officers responded to a report of a disturbance on Brockway Road. One subject was arrested.
• Victim came home to find an unknown subject running from his residence. Report was taken for trespassing.
• A reported physical fight was determined to be mutual combat. The incident occurred on Northwoods Boulevard and was documented.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute on Jeffery Pine Road. The reporting party stated she heard screaming and yelling from upstairs. The suspects were contacted, and there were no signs of violence.
• A juvenile was found to be in possession of chewing tobacco. The juvenile was cited and released.
• Officers responded to a medical aid call on Evensham. The resident was found to be deceased upon arrival. No evidence of suspicious circumstances was found.
• Report of suspicious circumstances determined to be a trespass into a residence by an unknown subject.
Truckee Police Logs are published in the Sierra Sun as space is available, and as they are published online on the town of Truckee’s website.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User