Truckee Police Logs: Oct. 20-Nov. 19
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department`s press log for Oct. 29- Nov. 19, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Reporting party reported personal issues with her neighbor on Red Fir Road. The reporting party wished the personal issues to be documented. No crime was reported at this time.
• Reporting party reported an unknown person was attempting to use her ATM card for online purchases.
• Reporting party stated an unknown person attempting to use her credit card to make online purchases. No product was shipped and her money was reimbursed by bank.
• A person left Woodland, CA to travel to Truckee, CA. The person never arrived in Truckee. His daughter wanted the person to be reported as missing person.
• Officers documented a bear causing damage to a fence on Jeffery Pine.
• A student reported a possible sexual abuse which occurred in another state. The investigation has been turned over to the agency with jurisdiction.
• Officers stopped a driver for vehicle code violation. A homemade dragger was discovered in the trunk of the vehicle. The driver was arrested for a warrant and the dagger was seized.
• A citizen was arrested for reckless driving on Alder Creek Road. The driver was issued a citation and was released.
• A citizen found a pair of glasses while trick-or-treating.
• Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance on Rainbow Drive. The investigation resulted in a female being arrested for domestic violence related charges.
• While on patrol, officers discovered a vehicle high centered inside of a roundabout. An investigation found the driver to be DUI. The driver was arrested.
• A report was taken for additional graffiti located at the lower BBG area of Regional Park.
• A juvenile used a cigarette lighter to burn the hair of another student. The juvenile was arrested and booked into the Nevada County Juvenile Jail.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for weaving. The driver was cited for driving on suspended license and possession of marijuana. The passenger was cited for open container of alcohol.
• Officers pulled over a taxi for vehicle code violations. The driver was found to be on DUI probation and driving with alcohol in his system. The driver was arrested for violation of court order.
• Officers reported theft of “No Trespassing” signs on Blueberry Road. There is no suspect information at this time.
• A subject entered a residence on Tamarack Way and attempted to leave while wearing victim’s clothes. The subject was detained by citizens and was arrested by officers.
• Subject was found intoxicated in public and was arrested.
• Officers took a verbal argument occurred between a man and a women that have a child in common on North River Street.
• Reporting party turned in set of keys.
• Documentation report was requested for service road gate being removed from its hinges.
• Officers responded to a possible burglary call on Martis Valley Road. The reporting party stated items in her house were thrown around and out of place. Nothing was reported stolen and there were no signs of forced entry.
• Reporting party reported an unknown subject deposited a check from his account into another an unknown account.
• A subject reported she had been a victim of a sexual assault on Donner Pass Road. It was determined a female and a male had been intimate but the all encounters were consensual.
• California Highway Patrol requested Truckee Police Department K-9 assist with a transportation of narcotics investigation. Truckee Police Department K-9 was deployed and alerted to the presence of contraband odor. Narcotics for sale, bulk currency and loaded handgun were located in the vehicle. Two suspects were arrested.
• Vehicle was stooped for vehicle code violation. The driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested and booked for DUI.
• The Interstate 80 overpass at Indian Jack Road was vandalized with spray paint by an unknown suspect.
• Officers took a report of vandalism on Donner Pass Road. An unknown suspect threw two rocks through the glass front door of a local business.
• A found debit card was used to purchase items. An investigation is in progress.
• Reporting party called the police front counter for a traffic complaint. Specific vehicle runs through the stop signs while on their cell phone and speeds down Glenshire Drive in excess speeds of 60 mph. This occurs between 7:15 and 8 a.m. The reporting party requested extra patrol.
• Officers took a report of a stolen vehicle from a parking lot on Donner Trail Road.
• Theft of a purse out of an unattended cart occurred at a business on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop for a minor vehicle code violation. An investigation resulted in the occupants of the vehicle being cited and released for possession of a controlled substance.
• A bear stole two steaks from a garage fridge at one residence on Beacon Road, and then damaged a different garage door trying to get more food. The bear was diverted.
• Reporting party stated he arrived at his house on Donner Pass Road and found his front door had been pried open and there was evidence that an unknown person had been in the residence. Report was taken for burglary.
• Driver was involved in a collision on Brockway Road. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Reporting party reported an unknown suspect spray painted the hood of his vehicle on Royal Crest.
• An unknown suspect kicked in the door of business’s warehouse twice within the last week. The incident occurred on West River Street.
• Reporting party reported three subjects in front of a business on Donner Pass Road smoking marijuana. Officers contacted the subjects and they were found to be in possession of controlled substance and a loaded firearm. Two of the subjects were arrested and transported to Nevada County Sheriff`s Office without further incident.
• Officers reported vehicle vs. bicyclist collision.
• Officers took a report of suspicious subject attempting to enter a home. There is limited suspect information. Report was taken for information only.
• Reporting party reported a Craigslist sale was completed under fraudulent terms. The reporting party lost of $7,500 and requested a report to be generated to document the loss.
• Officers took a report regarding non-criminal threats made at a second-grade student.
• A private party tow was completed on Martis Valley Road.
• An officer conducted a traffic stop for a minor vehicle code violation. An investigation determined the driver of the vehicle to be under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The driver was subsequently arrested and booked at Nevada County Sheriff`s Office.
• Vandalism was located on a large metal storage container in a parking lot on Donner Pass Road. There is an outgoing investigation.
• Two men were involved in a verbal argument when one of them pushed the other one. The victim signed a citizen’s arrest and the suspect was arrested.
• Driver was stopped for a traffic violation. The driver was driving on suspended license and cited and released.
• Reporting party stated an unknown person broke into their home on Mougle Lane and took high-valued ski equipment.
• Officers took a report of a loose dog in the area of Torrey Pine. Officers contacted the owner and he was found to have out of state felony warrants. The subject was arrested and booked into Nevada County Jail.
• Officers arrested three juveniles for graffiti on Brockway Road.
• A subject found box of ammunition on the roadway. The ammunition was booked into found property.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.