Truckee Police Logs, Sept. 24-Oct. 7
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department`s press log for Sept. 24 to Oct. 7, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Reporting party stated he has a house listing for sale and that the same house has showed up on two different websites for rent. The reporting party says that the owners of the house only want to sell their house and not to rent. The reporting party does not know who has listed the house for rent. An information report was taken.
• Reporting party called the police to report a reckless driver. The driver passed the reporting party doing 40-50 mph and almost hit a car coming the other direction. The suspect vehicle was then tailgating the vehicle in front of her.
• Truckee emergency services were dispatched to Donner Pass Road/Commercial Row for a report of a hazmat spill. Upon arrival, Truckee Fire and Public Works contained the spill and Truckee Police organized road closure and towing. The incident caused no long-term disruption to downtown operations.
• Officers responded to a call regarding a cellphone theft. The cellphone was taken from an unlocked car the night before. The phone was traced back to a local house. Officers recovered the phone and returned it to the owner.
• A juvenile was suspected of possession of marijuana. The juvenile was contacted by school officials and found to be in possession of marijuana. The juvenile was cited and released to a parent.
• A juvenile was suspected of providing marijuana to another student. The juvenile was contacted. During the contact the juvenile became verbally aggressive and then attempted to flee. The student was subsequently arrested.
• Reporting party called to report theft of merchandise from a store on Donner Pass Road. A juvenile had been detained with possession of stolen merchandise. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
• Hospital staff reported a patient with gunshot wound. Patient stated he did not know or remember where or how he was shot. The patient provided extremely limited information.
• Officers took a report of an elderly man who passed away at his residence.
• Victim reported an unknown suspect threw several rolls of toilet paper around her front side yard area and pieces got on the roof of her residence and won’t come down. The incident occurred on Solvang Way.
• Officers noticed a stalled vehicle on the railroad tracks in the downtown area. Upon contacting the driver, an investigation determined the driver was under the influence of alcohol, and had caused minor damage to the tracks. The driver was subsequently arrested for DUI.
• Officers pulled over a vehicle for a traffic violation. The driver of the vehicle was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
• Late report was taken for theft of firewood. The theft occurred sometime between midsummer and September 28th.
• Officers took a report of possible Coroner’s Case. Preliminary observations point to natural causes of death. The case was turned over to Nevada County Sheriff’s Office. Report was taken for documentation purposes only.
• Reporting party called the police department to report a reckless driver (after the fact). A light green older model Jeep with stickers all over it and writing on the back that says “seniors” was speeding around corners and screeching tires. The reporting party was worried someone will get hurt.
• A field interview was conducted after a reporting party thought a subject was acting suspicious. Nothing criminal appeared to have occurred.
• Two roommates were involved in an altercation after one of the roommates was accused of sexual battery. Neither party wanted law enforcement involvement; however an incident report was taken for documentation.
• Officer contacted a subject wanted for an outstanding warrant. The subject was arrested for the warrant and subsequent investigation resulted in additional drug and weapons related charges.
• Truckee emergency services responded to a residential structure fire on Greenwood Drive. Report was taken for documentary purposes.
• Officers responded to a call of drunk subject yelling at people on commercial row. After several unsuccessful attempts to resolve the issue, the subject was arrested, pending detox and release.
• Reporting party stated a citizen turned in a car charging adaptor that was left at the car charging station.
• Traffic complaint was filed for vehicles parked on the side of the roadway making it difficult for drivers to pull out on to Donner Pass Road. The complaint was reviewed by traffic sergeant and there were no significant issues noted. The area experiences heavy traffic due to businesses and schools.
• Officers took a report of a minor injury vehicle vs. pedestrian collision. It occurred on Bridge Street at Donner Pass Road.
• Officers took a report of a bear in an occupied residence eating out of the freezer. Bear adversely was conditioned after officers arrived. The incident occurred on Snowpeak Way.
• A man reported his ex-wife had taken property against a divorce agreement and requested a report to be documented.
• A bicycle was stolen by an unknown suspect during a school event.
• An unknown suspect, using spray paint, vandalized the lower barbecue area on Brockway Road.
• Reporting party contacted Truckee Police Department via phone wishing to file a report regarding his missing belongings. The reporting party reported leaving his cargo shorts containing his cellphone and car keys at a local park on Brockway Road.
• A rear window on a vehicle was partially broken by rock. The incident occurred on Martis Valley Road. There are no suspect leads.
• Live-in boyfriend and girlfriend were involved in a verbal argument with one another regarding their relationship. The incident was documented by officers.
• A driver was stopped for a vehicle code violation and was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence.
• Injured deer was dispatched.
• Officers responded to a report of a physical dispute between a male and female on Martis Valley Road. The male was subsequently arrested for domestic violence.
• Officers responded to a report of an assault that had occurred at Boca Reservoir. A courtesy report was taken for the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• Wife was arrested for a domestic violence after she assaulted her husband. The incident occurred on Donner Pass Road.
• Involved party made suicidal comments to the reporting party. Officers conducted interview which proved to be invalid threats. Report was taken for information only.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers responded to a vandalism call on Glenshire Drive. Officers located vandalism and report was completed.
• Driver was stopped for traffic violation. The driver was subsequently arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office.
• An unknown suspect took victim’s mountain bike out of his side yard without the knowledge or consent of the victim. The theft occurred on Brockway Road.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Nevada County saw only seven new coronavirus cases over the weekend, bringing its new total to 4,758.