Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from July 20 through July 26 .
– At 12:15 a.m. on Sugar Pine Road two juveniles were cited for public intoxication after reportedly getting into a mutual combat fight outside one of the suspect’s house. Numerous other juveniles were detained and parents were called. The mother/property owner was called out-of-state and notified of the party that her child was hosting, said police.
– At 1 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was cited on suspicion of drunken driving. The vehicle was released to a friend.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Brockway Road a suspect was contacted for the second time at Truckee River Regional Park on suspicion of being drunk in public and was arrested.
– At 1:25 a.m. on Pioneer Trail a juvenile passenger of a vehicle was found by police to be in possession of an open container of alcohol during a routine traffic stop. The juvenile was cited and released to a parent and the driver was cited on suspicion of allowing the open container in the car.
– At 10:45 a.m. on Deerfield Drive there was a two-car hit-and-run accident.
– At 1 p.m. on Brockway road a subject was contacted for a municipal code violation. During the investigation the subject was cited on suspicion of possessing marijuana and of open container of alcohol.
– At 4:10 a.m. on Highway 89 north at Alder Drive a driver was found to have a suspended license during a traffic stop. The driver was cited and the vehicle was impounded.
– At 3 p.m. on Donner Pass Road an explosive device was found at the front door of a fire station. The bomb squad disabled the device and the device was recovered for evidence.
– At 7:40 p.m. on Palisades Drive officers responded to a business for reports of a man acting strange. The suspect was located and arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of alcohol and a controlled substance.
– At 8:25 p.m. on Glenshire Drive there was a reported physical and verbal altercation between a husband and wife. The husband left the residence to spend the night at a friend’s house and the incident was documented.
– At 1 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Church Street a vehicle was stopped for swerving. The 18-year-old driver showed reported signs of intoxication and there was an open container of alcohol in plain view on the floor of the truck, according to police reports. The driver and passenger were both cited on suspicion of possessing open containers of alcohol in a vehicle.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Jibboom Street an unknown person vandalized a parking meter with spray paint.
– At 3:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a non-injury hit-and-run traffic collision that occurred on private property.
– At 5:50 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a suspected juvenile shoplifter was detained at Albertsons. The suspect was cited and released to a parent.
– At 6:45 p.m. on West River Street a victim fell from a second-story balcony and sustained substantial injuries.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
A car driving westbound on Interstate 80 near Nyack Road veered off the highway and hit a tree around 7:55 a.m. Thursday, the California Highway Patrol said.