Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Aug. 2 to Aug. 9.
– At 12:10 a.m. on Brockway Road at Bridge Street officers contacted the driver of a mini bike and found the subject to have two outstanding misdemeanor warrants from another county. The subject was cited and released.
– At 10:40 p.m. on Martis Valley Road at Brockway Road officers responded to a single-vehicle crash. When officers arrived the driver and the passenger were attempting to push the vehicle back onto its wheels. The driver was interviewed and then arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 12:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road officers responded to a report of an intoxicated subject in the alcohol aisle at Safeway. The subject was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 9 a.m. on Brockway Road officers responded to a business on a report of two males arguing in the parking lot. One of the parties involved allegedly made threats and used a metal pipe as well as a loaded firearm to threaten the other subject. The aggressor was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
– At 3 p.m. on Brockway Road at Truckee River Regional Park there was a report that a small beer vending trailer had been left at the park for several days and two kegs of beer had been taken from it.
– At 4 p.m. on Boulder Way at Dolomite Way a subject was reported to be staggering in the roadway. The subject was later found sitting in the woods and was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
– At 7:35 a.m. on Highway 89 south at the roundabout there was a two-car non-injury collision.
– At 7:30 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard at Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was cited for not having a license and the vehicle was towed.
– At 11 p.m. on Glenshire Drive as Somerset a driver was determined to be driving on a suspended license during a traffic stop. The driver was cited on suspicion of the offense and the vehicle was towed.
– At 1 a.m. on eastbound Interstate 80 at Hirschdale Road a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was determined to be on active parole and noncompliant with his terms. The California Department of Corrections was contacted and a parole hold was placed on the driver. The driver was then cited for the alleged vehicle code violation and was booked for the parole hold. A passenger in the vehicle was allegedly in possession of marijuana and was cited for the offense and released.
– At 3:15 p.m. on Highway 89 south at West River Street the California Highway Patrol went in pursuit of two high-speed and reckless motorcycles from Tahoe City. Truckee police units moved in to intercept the motorcyclists at town limits but the officers lost track of the motorcycles in the West River area. The area was checked by Truckee police and the suspects were found on foot. The bikes were found concealed in a nearby residence and were determined to have been stolen from the Sacramento area. Both men were arrested by CHP on suspicion of numerous charges.
– At 11:10 p.m. on eastbound Interstate 80 at the agricultural check station Truckee police assisted the California Highway Patrol with a fatal single-vehicle rollover accident.
– At 6:40 on eastbound Interstate 80 at Hirschdale an off-duty Truckee police officer observed a possible drunken driver traveling northbound on Highway 267 and called in the police department. On-duty officers stopped the vehicle on I-80 at Hirschdale and arrested the driver on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 10 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a subject was seen on the ground in front of the Longs Drug store. The subject was contacted and found to be unable to reasonably care for himself or the safety of others. The subject was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness and booked.
– At 6:30 p.m. on Starpine Road two individuals were in a physical fight over discrepancies about a cell phone bill. The suspect hit the victim several times with a metal bar and then fled the scene after the victim’s girlfriend intervened. The suspect has a $25,000 warrant and is outstanding.
– At 8 p.m. on Deerfield Drive officers responded to the Chevron Station on reports of an accidental gunshot wound to the leg that occurred in Donner State Park. The injured person was taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital for treatment.
– At 9:50 p.m. on Palisades Drive officers were dispatched to a business for reports of a disturbance. The store clerk said the subjects appeared intoxicated, and the suspects were then located down the street. On of the subjects was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness and the other was not determined to be intoxicated.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User