Have a ‘Perfect CR Day’ at Squaw Valley USA
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. – Squaw Valley USA and the High Fives Non-Profit Foundation will host “Perfect CR Day” Friday, Feb. 24, 2012. Join a day celebrating beloved freeskier and Truckee/Tahoe local CR Johnson.
The CR Johnson Healing Center, High Fives Non-Profit Foundation, 4FRNT Skis, Discrete Headwear, Smith Sport Optics, Squaw Valley USA, Mamasake Squaw and Fireside Pizza present the “Perfect CR Day,” Feb. 24, 2012 (two years to the day, from the tragic loss of friend and hero, CR Johnson) friends, family and fans will unite in Tahoe to celebrate CR Johnson and have the Perfect CR Day.
“Skiing with CR was always the most relaxed, yet progressive riding I have ever had the opportunity to do. To carry his legacy on with friends and family on the Perfect CR Day is awesome. I am stoked to see everyone out on the hill shredding hard for CR,” said Mat Jackson, good friend and CR ski buddy.
• Meet at Wildflour Baking Co., Olympic House, Squaw Valley USA at 9 a.m.
• “Oh Buddy” cookies will be on sale. All proceeds to CR Johnson Healing Center – High Fives Non-Profit Foundation.
• First 40 skiers to arrive will receive a CR Johnson Discrete hat.
• Ski/watch Rahlves’ Banzai finals, load lifts for skiing at Squaw Valley USA, 10 a.m.
• Lunch – Meet at Mamasake, Village at Squaw Valley USA, 3-4 p.m. “Reign Supreme” roll and beer special with proceeds from the hour to CR Johnson Healing Center – High Fives Non-Profit Foundation.
• Dinner, meet at Fireside Restaurant in (Village at Squaw Valley USA) for dinner/drinks and music from DJ One Truest, 6-8 p.m. Food and drink specials with proceeds to CR Johnson Healing Center – High Fives Non-Profit Foundation.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Zoom meetings are like Near Beer, you don’t get a buzz, but you still get the weight gain. However, when Kevin Sung called from the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative at the Northern Nevada…