Longs Drug makes Paul Dalbol new Store Manager | SierraSun.com

Longs Drug makes Paul Dalbol new Store Manager

For Paul Dalbol, returning to Truckee has been a welcome change. Not that he ever really left. After Paul McGoldrick retired, Dalbol took over as the Store Manager for Longs Drug in Truckee-a position that should be familiar given his experience as a store manager in Reno.

Dalbol has been working for Longs Drug for 20 years now, 14 of those in Truckee with the last 6 years in Reno, and he relishes the idea of not having to make the commute to Reno anymore.

Truckee’s Longs is a non-traditional store in the Longs Drug chain in many ways. Dalbol estimates that 85 percent of the Truckee store’s business comes from floor sales, with prescriptions making up the other 15 percent. Normally that ratio is closer to 50-50; however, the Truckee Longs carries a unique product mix including clothing, sporting goods and an unusually large selection of seasonal items that reflect local customers’ tastes.

Goals that Dalbol has set for himself include taking care of the local customers as best as he can and ensuring that Longs continues to be a community drug store that people can depend upon.

“This company is changing a lot. We’re trying to keep this store a community store. We want to take care of the local customers,” Dalbol said. “I’m looking forward to seeing all of my old customers again.”

Knowing what Truckee customers want and need shouldn’t be a problem for Dalbol who grew up in town. He attended kindergarten through 12th-grade in Truckee, and has maintained his home here even while working in Reno.

“Having lived in this area all his life, he’ll have a good feel for the product mix the customers will want and a good idea of what the seasons are like,” said Assistant Manager Jim Spencer. “Everybody enjoys working for him,” he added.

Longs has recently expanded its hours of operation, and will now be open from 7 a.m. to midnight, a change that Dalbol says will take some getting used to. He’s confident though that the new hours will better serve the Truckee community, and he’s happy to be working in town again.

Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


Don Rogers: That sieve, memory


An older friend I made when I began here in 2016 called the other day to talk about the paper. I hadn’t heard from her in awhile and, well, I’ve been here just long enough…

See more