North Shore sheriff’s reports
The following police reports are collected from Placer County Sheriff’s Office reports from Oct. 2-8.
– At 9:19 a.m. a man was arrested on suspicion of an outstanding warrant for his arrest and burglary. The man admitted to a burglary that occurred Sept. 17 at the Kings Beach 7-Eleven, according to the report. During a search, a glass pipe used for smoking methamphetamine was found.
– At 3:31 p.m. a Kings Beach man reported that someone cut his brake lines to a dump truck and removed a bolt from the truck, causing the bed of the truck to fall off the frame.
– At 9:29 a.m. it was reported that two trophies worth $2,000 were stolen from the Tahoe City Yacht Club.
– At 12:14 a.m. a suspect was arrested at Wayne Road and Lanny Lane in Squaw Valley on suspicion of driving under the influence. He allegedly drove 50 mph hour in a 35 mph zone and crossed the double yellow lines.
– At 9:51 p.m. a man was arrested in the 3100 block of Lake Terrace Road in Tahoe City on suspicion of possession of marijuana and disorderly conduct. A deputy found the man heavily intoxicated while sleeping in his car and marijuana was found in his vehicle, according to the report.
– At 3:15 p.m. a man was arrested in the 200 block of Squaw Valley on suspicion of the transportation of marijuana, the possession of more than an ounce of marijuana and possession for sale after authorities in another sale intercepted a package containing a pound of marijuana that the suspect allegedly sent to another state.
– At 5:21 p.m. a suspect was arrested on the 400 block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City on suspicion of driving under the influence. A deputy watched the man drop his motorcycle on the roadway, according to the report.
– At 1:40 p.m. a resident of the 200 block of Coon Street in Kings Beach reported that someone entered the unlocked, occupied residence and took a stereo and two credit cards. One card was used in attempt to purchase gas.
– At 1:17 a.m. a man was arrested in Squaw Valley on suspicion of driving under the influence. The passenger in the car was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public, and for bringing marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia into a jail facility.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User