North Shore sheriff’s reports
The following police reports are collected from Placer County Sheriff’s Office reports from Aug. 29 to Sept. 5.
– At 7:20 p.m. a resident of the 8700 block of Steelhead Avenue in Kings Beach reported that someone stole his wallet with $1,000 cash from his bathroom counter.
– At 11:25 a.m. a resident of the 2700 block of Lake Terrace Avenue in Tahoe City reported a burglary to her residence.
– At 6:06 p.m. a resident of the 8600 block of Trout Avenue in Kings Beach reported a burglary at the residence.
– At 9:07 p.m. a suspect was arrested in the 3800 block of Forest Road in Tahoe City on suspicion of possession of marijuana, impersonating a police officer, false imprisonment and violation of probation after a woman said the suspect held her against her will inside her residence. She said the suspect stated he was a SIU agent and showed an authentic cloth badge and threatened to have her arrested. Deputies searched his residence and reportedly found a large bag of suspected marijuana and a California Department of Justice Special Agent cloth badge.
– At 6:42 a.m. a resident of the 500 block of Village Road in Tahoe City reported that an unknown suspect entered an unlocked vehicle and stole tools and a wallet.
– At 6:45 p.m. a resident of the 500 block of Village Road in Tahoe City reported that someone entered his unlocked vehicle and removed a stereo faceplate and a cell phone.
– A suspect was arrested in the 2500 block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach on suspicion of failing to re-register on time as a sex offender. He was a week and a half late registering, according to the report.
– At 8:16 a.m. a resident of the 8200 block of Speckled Avenue in Kings Beach reported that someone smashed the rear window of his car with a coconut. He said broken glass and coconut shards were throughout. Nothing was missing.
– At 8:37 a.m. a woman reported that a man made unwanted sexual advances toward her, kissed her and grabbed her breasts against her will in William Kent Campground in Tahoe City.
– At 1:23 p.m. it was reported that someone stole a locked Zodiac dingy from the shoreline in the 6300 block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe Vista.
– At 11:25 a.m. a resident of the 6100 block of Flicker Avenue in Homewood reported that someone entered a vacation home and stole several items.
– At 12:08 p.m. a resident of the 1100 block of Snow Crest Road in Alpine Meadows reported that someone stole four boulders worth $2,000 from the front of the residence.
– At 4:25 p.m. a suspect was arrested on suspicion of boating under the influence and resisting/obstructing a peace officer. The suspect was stopped by the Placer County sheriff’s boat on suspicion of “operating vessel in a negligent manner” in the Chambers buoy field. He showed objective signs of intoxication, according to the report. Deputies transported him to a private pier, where he ran from them and then was detained.
– At 2 a.m. a resident of the 8500 block of Rainbow Avenue in Kings Beach reported that someone set fire to a the bed of a loaded pickup truck and caused property damage.
– At 9:47 a.m. a resident of the 8300 block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach reported a burglary and that the person came in through an open window.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User