North Tahoe honors its own
North Tahoe volunteers, businesses and employees took the stage Thursday night at the North Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce Community Awards Dinner to be honored for a year of accomplishments.
Before a crowd of over 240 who packed the Resort at Squaw Creek, Randy Hill of Tahoe Vista received the “Citizen of the Year” award for his efforts in securing bond money for Tahoe Forest Hospital and Jim Porter, of the Porter Simon Law Firm, received the “Distinguished Community Service Award.”
“We look forward to hosting the Community Awards Dinner every year, when the region comes together to bestow accolades on those making a difference in our community,” said Executive Director Steve Teshara of the North Lake Tahoe Resort Association.
Kelly Brothers Painting and JMA Ventures were honored as the small and large businesses of the year, respectively.
Other award recipients during the 54th annual award ceremony included:
– Business Arts Supporter of the Year- Parson Family
– Hospitality- Resort at Squaw Creek
– Non-profit of the Year- Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation
– Positive Environmental Impact- Tahoe Center for Environmental Studies
– Organization Leadership- Tim Silva, Northstar-at-Tahoe