Police and Fire Logs
The following incidents are taken from the logs of the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office for the week of June 4 – 10:
— At 12:05 p.m., an adult male was arrested for allegedly being drunk at a local shopping center.
* At 9:15 a.m., a juvenile was arrested for being habitually truant, he was cited and released.
* At 4:45 p.m., a multiple vehicle accident was reported on Highway 267 at Truckee Regional Park.
* At 5:47 p.m., another vehicle accident was reported off on Highway 267, no injuries were reported.
* At 11:04 p.m., an adult male was arrested for a local misdemeanor warrant.
* At 12:16 a.m., an adult male was arrested for allegedly driving drunk on Highway 89 at Rainbow Drive.
* At 11:14 a.m., a caller reported that her home on Red Fir Terrace had been burglarized.
* At 3:00 p.m., a juvenile was cited for allegedly being drunk on Donner Pass Road.
* At 5:04 p.m., an adult male was arrested for allegedly being drunk on Highway 267.
* At 6:35 p.m., a caller reported that a car was on fire in a local parking lot. The fire was determined to be suspicious, but attempts to locate its owner were unsuccessful. An investigation is still pending.
* At 8:55 a.m., a juvenile was arrested after allegedly stealing a cellular phone and a boom box out of a school activity room.
* At 10:15 a.m., a caller reported that someone had smashed the windows of a ski lift tower at a local ski resort.
* At 9:27 p.m., a caller reported that some of his horses were missing from a ranch off of Highway 89.
* At 7:41 p.m., an adult male was arrested for allegedly driving drunk on West River Street.
* At 11:02 p.m., a vehicle collision was reported on Highway 89.
* At 2:10 a.m., an adult male was arrested at a local bar on a probation violation.
* At 9:58 a.m., a caller reported that a airplane had landed at the airport with its gear up, no injuries or damage was reported.
* At 4:34 p.m., a caller reported that he was on his second story patio when the wind blew the door shut to his home, locking him out. He said the downstairs door was unlocked.
* At 7:30 p.m., a vehicle collision was reported on Donner Pass Road near Highway 89 north.
* At 3:23 p.m., a vehicle rolled over on Mougle Lane, a patient was transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital.
* At 9:59 p.m., a juvenile was arrested after allegedly speeding down Northwoods Boulevard at 78 mph.
The Truckee Fire Protection District responded to 27 calls during the week of June 3 – 11.
* At 6:39 p.m., units were dispatched to extinguish a vehicle fire in the parking lot of the factory outlet stores. The fire was put out with no damage to the stores, but with some smoke damage to the commercial structure’s eaves.
* At 1:33 p.m., units transported two patients to TFH after a traffic accident on Interstate 80 eastbound at the scales.
* At 11:05 p.m., units transported two patients to TFH after a traffic accident on Highway 89 north and I-80.
* At 10 a.m., units responded to an aircraft being down at the Truckee Airport. The aircraft had a collapsed front landing, but landed without incident. No injuries or damage was reported.
* At 3:34 p.m., units responded to a vehicle accident on Mogule Lane, one patient was transported to TFH.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
If Rise Gold continues on its titanic quest, the county supervisors eventually will have to consider the iceberg.