Police and Fire Reports
The following incidents are taken from the Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office logs for the week of Feb. 4-11:
* 12:57 p.m., a woman reported that her credit card had been stolen from her purse at an unknown time and that someone had tried to use it in Reno.
* 2:37 p.m., a woman reported that she had received three obscene phone messages on her answering machine at work at a local business from an unknown suspect.
* 3:21 p.m., an adult male was arrested at Round Table Pizza for an outstanding out-of-town warrant after being reported as having passed out at one of the tables.
* 4:32 p.m., a woman reported that $100 worth of CDs had been stolen from her vehicle while parked on Martis Valley Road.
* 8:10 p.m., an adult female was arrested on alleged charges of an assault against a family and child.
* 9:42 p.m., a woman reported that she and her four friends were stuck in their vehicle in the snow on Dog Valley Road near Prosser Lake.
* Three snowboards were reported stolen from Boreal Ridge ski area.
* 5:38 p.m., an adult male was arrested on Deerfield Drive for alleged drunken driving.
* 7:50 p.m., two dogs were found abandoned and chained to a rock on East River Street. One of the animals was reported to be injured.
* 9:44 a.m., a credit card was reported stolen. Suspects were reported to have charged $14,000 on the card.
* 2:04 p.m., a three-car vehicle collision was reported on West River Street near the Roundabout. No major injuries were reported.
* 2:54 p.m., a vehicle accident was reported in the westbound lane of the Central Truckee exit. One party was ejected from the vehicle.
* 9:29 p.m., an adult male was arrested on an outstanding out-of-town warrant on Interstate 80.
* 11:54 p.m., a juvenile was arrested on an outstanding out-of-town warrant on Highway 267.
* 9:05 a.m., a juvenile was arrested for alleged possession of marijuana on Donner Pass Road.
* 9:32 a.m., an adult male was arrested for allegedly writing a death threat to another employee. A report was taken.
* 4:38 p.m., a woman reported that someone had siphoned the gas out of her vehicle while she was at a play at Tahoe Truckee High School the night before.
* 10:54 a.m., several vehicles were reported for shooting a pigeon with a potato gun.
* 12:56 p.m., a snowboard was stolen from Donner Ski Ranch.
* 7:00 p.m., a bicycle was reported stolen from outside of a store on Dorchester Drive. A report was taken.
The Truckee Fire Department responded to 63 incidents for the week of Feb. 4-10.
* 2:02 a.m., toned out for chimney fire in Glenshire and found fire contained to pipe negative extension. Fire extinguished in stove and fire in flue went out.
* 2:08 p.m., units responded to a vehicle accident on West River Street. Transported one victim to TFH-ER.
* 6: 10 p.m., dispatched for broken water line on Pine Cone Road. Arrived to find broken main fire sprinkler line outside of house in control panel. Unable to shut of water due to break on main line side of valve. Notified TDPUD.
* 12:10 a.m., toned out for a public assist on Jeffery Way for a broken water pipe inside of a structure. Shut off the water and used a water vacuum to help clean up the inside of the structure.
* 2:20 p.m., toned out for a vehicle leaking fuel on I-80. On arrival, units found a small compact car with a large hole in the fuel tank after striking a rock. No hazard reported and no fuel left at scene.
* 5:30 p.m., toned out for alarm at Tahoe-Truckee High School. Units confirmed two juveniles had pulled the alarm, but were unable to locate them.
The Donner Summit Fire Department responded to 23 incidents for the week of Jan.4-10.
* 7:29 a.m., units responded to smoke in the area of Hillside Drive in Serene Lakes to find a fully involved residential structure fire extending to a neighbors house. Fire was extinguished with assistance from Squaw Valley Fire, Truckee Fire and the CDF.
* 7:27 p.m., units responded to a commercial alarm sounding. Further investigation found it to be a false alarm.
* 10:58 p.m., units responded to a fireworks complaint in the area of Alpine Way in Serene Lakes. No fireworks were found.