– At 5 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Spring Street a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred. During the investigation the “at fault” driver was determined to be unlicensed, was issued a citation, and was released. His vehicle was towed from the scene.
– At 12:45 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a juvenile stole several pieces of pizza from a local business according to the reporting party.
– At 1:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road two subjects shoplifted food from Safeway.
– At 5 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Levon Avenue a vehicle was stopped for a seatbelt violation. The driver was found to have a suspended driver’s license pending service. The driver was issued a citation for violation and served with a Department of Motor Vehicles notice of suspension.
– At 9:45 p.m. on Pioneer Trail dispatch received a 9-1-1 disconnect from a residence. When officers arrived it was determined that a minor altercation had taken place between an ex-boyfriend and ex-girlfriend. While the two were involved in the altercation the telephone cord had been torn in two pieces. The ex-boyfriend was arrested and taken to the Truckee jail without further incident.
– At 4 p.m. on Martis Valley Road an officer responded to a family disturbance involving two siblings. The officer mediated the situation and provided the siblings with counseling referrals.
– At 9:35 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle hit a parked car in the parking lot.
– At 9:45 p.m. on Estates Drive a subject was arrested for a felony warrant without bail in San Bernardino Superior Court.
– At 10:55 p.m. at the bus depot parking lot on Donner Pass Road a subject reported a hit-and-run collision that had occurred the night before at about 10:45 p.m.
– At 11:55 p.m. on Red Fir Road an intoxicated male was reportedly standing in the driveway of a residence. He was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 7:10 p.m. on South Shore Drive a vehicle was reported as a possible DUI driver by a snow plow driver in town. The vehicle was located driving on a roadway and the driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
– At 8:30 p.m. on Glenshire Drive east of The Strand a single-vehicle collided with a power pole. The driver had a minor complaint of pain in her sternum area and was treated at the scene by Truckee Fire Protection District.
– At 8:35 a.m. on Vista Avenue a subject was contacted and found to be in violation of sex registration requirements. The subject was arrested and booked into jail.
– At 10:40 a.m. on Deerfield Drive a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred on private property.
– At 6:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a student arrived at a school function under the influence of marijuana and was suspended from school on suspicion of being under the influence.
– At 9:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road east of Donner Lake Road a vehicle was seen traveling 72 mph on a roadway with a posted speed limit sign of 35 mph in the area. The driver sped away when officers attempted to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was discovered after it had been involved in a single-vehicle collision outside of town. California Highway Patrol arrived at the scene and the driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence. The driver was also cited for speeding and evading a police officer.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User