The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office logs from March 29 to April 2.
– At 8:50 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for expired registration. The driver was reportedly found to have an outstanding misdemeanor warrant and was arrested. The vehicle was released to a third party.
– At 5:05 a.m. on Glenshire Drive near Highland Avenue there was a single-vehicle accident. The driver was transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital by ambulance and was later arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 7:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a victim reported that his or her vehicle had been vandalized with what appeared to be a BB gun.
– At noon on Prosser Dam Road, just east of Highway 89 north, there was a single-vehicle accident on Prosser Dam Road. The driver was found to be under the influence of a medication. The driver was transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital for medical treatment, was cited on suspicion of driving under the influence of medication, and was released to her husband.
– At 7:40 p.m. on Highway 89 a juvenile reported that he was having a bad reaction to illegal drugs. The juvenile was treated by the Truckee Fire Protection District and was transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital. The juvenile was subsequently cited on suspicion of being under the influence of psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana and released to his mother.
– At 12:10 a.m. on Highway 267, south of the bypass, there was a two-vehicle collision with minor injuries.
– At 5 p.m. on Brockway Road at Palisades Drive a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver and all passengers were found to be unlicensed. The driver was cited and the vehicle was towed.
– At 11:55 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Bridge Street a subject called police officers to report that he had been in an altercation with a bouncer. The subject could not remember his cell phone number and was uncooperative with dispatchers. When officers arrived the subject was found in the middle of the road talking on his cell phone. The subject did not know where he was staying and reportedly could not care for himself. He was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public.
– At 2:20 a.m. on Rainbow Road at Highway 89 north there was a single-vehicle traffic accident with no injuries. The driver was contacted at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 2:28 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Brickelltown a volunteer in policing unit saw a possible drunk driver on Donner Pass Road. The subject was stopped and was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
– At 9:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for code violations. The odor of marijuana was reportedly inside the truck, and a search revealed a bag of marijuana and a glass pipe. The driver was cited on suspicion not wearing a seatbelt and possession of marijuana.
– At 9:30 a.m. on Highway 267 at Soaring Way an officer observed a subject urinating on the side of the road, reportedly in full view of traffic. The subject was contacted and cited on suspicion of public urination.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Pioneer Trail a woman reported that she had heard a physical altercation in an office building next door. It was revealed that domestic violence incident had occurred. The female had left the scene prior to officers’ arrival and is still outstanding.
– At 12:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a suspect reportedly shoplifted from Safeway and struggled with a store employee when confronted. The suspect fled the scene and was seen driving and then abandoning his vehicle. The subject was found and was positively identified. He was booked on suspicion of robbery, burglary and driving on a suspended license.
– At 8:10 p.m. on Palisades Drive a juvenile was caught stealing candy from a convenience store. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
– At 10 p.m. on Alder Drive an unknown suspect smeared Vaseline, hot sauce, shaving cream and feces on three vehicles.
– At 11 a.m. on Frates Lane a suspect smashed the window of a vehicle parked behind Mountain Hardware. Two briefcases were found in the Longs Drug Store parking lot on Deerfield Drive. All property except $5 was recovered.
– At 12:30 p.m. on Deerfield Drive the First Baptist Church was burglarized by an unknown subject. The suspect stole cash, a computer and a video camera, and reportedly attempted to gain entry into a small safe with an acetylene torch but was unsuccessful.
– At 6:45 p.m. on Brockway Road subjects were reportedly seen trespassing on in the McIver Rodeo Arena to videotape themselves snowboarding. They were detained and cited on suspicion of trespassing.
– At 9:25 p.m. on Martis Valley Road a group of males were reported to be running around an apartment complex with baseball bats. Officers were unable to locate the individuals. Further investigation linked the event to two other recent fights.