The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from April 26 to May 3.
– At 7:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road photographs depicting a nude male were found by school staff in a hallway at Tahoe Truckee High School. The identity of the male in the picture or the student who might have brought the images to school could not be determined.
– At 9:50 a.m. on Highway 267 at Brockway Road a vehicle was stopped for having an obstructed license plate. The driver was found to have a suspended license and the passenger had an outstanding no-bail felony warrant. The driver was cited and the passenger was arrested.
– At 6:30 a.m. on Levon Avenue a woman called to report that her daughter was a runaway juvenile.
– At 6:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at meadow Road there was a two-vehicle collision.
– At 9 a.m. on Northwoods Boulevard there was a report that prescription drugs had been stolen from a residence. There was no sign of forced entry.
– At 2:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Highway 89 north Truckee police responded to a traffic collision. The driver at fault was cited for not having a driver’s license or proof of insurance.
– At 6:30 p.m. on Alder Drive there was a hit-and-run vehicle accident in the Alder Creek Middle School parking lot.
– At 11:30 p.m. on Glenshire Drive at Berkshire Circle a suspect was arrested for suspected DUI after stalling his car in the middle of the road.
– At 12:05 a.m. on Donner Pass Road near the bus depot officers responded to a suspicious person who was looking into car windows. Officers contacted the subject and determined that he was too drunk to care for himself. The subject was arrested for being drunk in public.
– At 5 a.m. on Brockway Drive at Estates Drive an officer stopped a vehicle after it almost struck a pedestrian. The driver was cited for not having a valid license, and the vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– At 7:30 a.m. on Greenwood drive a reporting party called to inform officers that she was receiving harassing phone calls from her ex-boyfriend.
– At 7:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a non-injury vehicle accident.
– At 3:55 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Donner Trail a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was unable to produce identification and was arrested after further investigation. He was later identified and his driver’s records showed that his license had been suspended. The driver was later released.
– At 9:30 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a victim reported that her vehicle had been stolen. The vehicle had been left unlocked with keys in the ignition. The vehicle was later located at Prosser Lake and evidence was collected at the scene.
– At 2:20 a.m. on Spring Street a vehicle was stopped after it was observed driving without lights on Donner Pass Road. The driver was arrested for suspected DUI.
– At 1 p.m. on Verdi Peak Road near the campgrounds there was a physical altercation between a man and woman in the woods near Boca Reservoir. The reporting party advised police that she thought the suspect had a gun. Multiple agencies responded to the scene and it was determined that a domestic violence dispute had occurred. The male was arrested for domestic violence and kidnapping.
– At 7 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a two-car minor-injury accident in the Tahoe Truckee High School parking lot.
– At 10:10 p.m. on Deerfield Drive at The Boulders an officer stopped a vehicle for running a red light at Highway 89 south and Deerfield Drive. The driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
– At 12:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for having a broken taillight. The driver was found to be unlicensed and had been previously cited for the offense. The driver also had no proof of insurance, and was cited. The vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– At 11 a.m. on Deerfield Drive there was a non-injury vehicle accident in the Safeway parking lot.
– At 3:15 p.m. on Spring Lane two individuals threw cassette tapes into a neighbor’s tree. There were streamers of tape hanging from the tree and the neighbor wanted the suspects contacted. The individuals agreed to try and clean the mess.
– At 5 p.m. on Wolfgang Road a juvenile returned home from Juvenile Hall to find that her parents had removed some items from her room. The juvenile started throwing items around her room, and her parents were unable to stop or control her. She was cited and released and a report was sent to Probation.
– At 10 a.m. on Truckee Airport Road a victim reported that unknown subject(s) had cashed checks and obtained money using his name and Social Security number. All incidents occurred out of state.
– At 1:55 p.m. at Truckee River Regional Park an Animal Control officer observed several juveniles smoking what appeared to be marijuana. The subjects were contacted and one of them was issued a notice to appear.
– At 3:40 p.m. on Palisades Drive at Schaffer Drive a driver’s sandal got stuck in the accelerator pedal. The car ran off the roadway and became air-born before landing on a boulder wall in a construction area.
– At 8:35 a.m. on Commercial Row a suspected drunk driver was located and arrested.
– At 10:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a suspect was found in possession of possible counterfeit bills.
– At 12:15 a.m. on Riverside Drive a victim was found deceased in his residence. Cause of death was unknown but there appeared to be no signs of suspicious circumstances. Cause of death is pending further investigation.
– At 5:55 p.m. on West River Street a subject known to have an outstanding misdemeanor warrant was recognized by a police officer. The subject was contacted and arrested without incident.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User