Police reports are taken from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office logs from March 9 – 16.
– At 11:25 a.m. on East Jibboom Street at Bridge Street a subject was arrested on suspicion of drunkenness in public.
– At 6 p.m. police received a report from a woman who claimed that a man had forced her into the back seat of her vehicle and then had driven her around Sacramento for a couple of hours before driving to Truckee and dropping her off here. Police later discovered that the woman made the whole kidnapping up as an excuse for leaving Sacramento, and she was arrested on suspicion of falsely reporting a crime. For more on this story see the news section of http://www.sierrasun.com.
– At 6:31 p.m. on Ridge Road at Meadow Way officers received a report of a hit-and-run accident with property damage. The suspect in the accident was detained by a private party at the scene and was later arrested on unspecified charges.
– At 5:22 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a dead body was found on the railroad tracks near McIver Crossing. The body was turned over to the Nevada County Coroner and the Union Pacific police were notified. For more on this story see the news section of http://www.sierrasun.com.
– At 1:28 a.m. on West River Street a vehicle was stopped for an observed vehicle code violation and the driver was placed under arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence; however, the driver was subsequently released without any charges being filed.
– At 1:50 a.m. on the 10100 block of Donner Pass Road a subject attempted to force entry into a locked storage area at a local bar. The subject was arrested on suspicion of commercial burglary.
– At 5:13 p.m. on Palisades at Brockway Road an officer spotted a juvenile who appeared to be approximately 16 years old smoking a cigarette. The officer contacted the girl, who turned out to be 15 years old, and cited her for possession of tobacco by a minor.
– At 1:30 p.m. on Commercial Row a victim parked his car in downtown Truckee and someone stole his laptop computer from the unlocked vehicle while he was shopping.
– At 2:21 p.m. on West River Street a subject was arrested, cited and released on unspecified charges.
– At 1:29 a.m. on Olympic Blvd. near Highland a subject was stopped for vehicle code violations and was found to be driving under the influence. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and booked into the Truckee jail.
– At 10:25 a.m. in Tahoe Donner a subject responded to another subject’s residence to help resolve a dispute between their 8-year-old daughters. The first subject was invited in to the residence by the reporting party, but was subsequently asked to leave when the discussion escalated into a verbal argument. The subject initially refused to leave the residence, according to the reporting party, but then agreed to leave. The reporting party wanted police to document the incident.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User