Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Aug. 31 to Sept. 4
– At 6:50 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Meadow Way a vehicle was stopped for a vehicle code violation and it was determined the driver did not possess a driver’s license. The vehicle was towed and the driver was cited and released from the scene.
– At 1 p.m. in Tahoe Donner on Wolfgang Road a subject reported an unknown person had taken a generator from his driveway.
– At 8:45 p.m. on West River Street at the Truckee Diner a report of a two vehicle, non-injury accident. The involved parties requested a police report.
– At 12:40 a.m. on Highway 89 south officers responded to a physical fight in progress in which both involved subjects who were reportedly armed with knives. Upon the officer’s arrival, one victim fled the scene. One juvenile subject was detained and after further investigation, was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and was booked into juvenile hall without further incident.
– At 1 a.m. in Glenshire at Dorchester Drive a report of an attempted burglary at her business. The unknown suspects tried to gain entry, but were unsuccessful and a report was filed.
– At 10:30 a.m. in Tahoe Donner at Saint Bernard Road a 911 call was placed two times from an apparent cell phone and the number was traced to a residence in Truckee. An officer responded to the call to discover there had not been a physical altercation. The known suspect kept the victim from calling 911 by taking both telephones. The known suspect fled the scene before the officer arrived and a report was filed.
– At 4 p.m. on China Camp Drive there was a report of theft of several construction tools from job site. The boxes were forced open and the property was taken and a report was filed.
– At 4:30 p.m. on Glenshire Drive and Highland Avenue graffiti was spray-painted on three sides of a building and a report was taken.
– At 5 p.m. at Truckee River Regional Park on Brockway Road a citizen reported observing some graffiti at the McIver Arena grounds. The graffiti was located and a report was taken.
– At 5 p.m. on Brockway Road graffiti was spray-painted on a fence in Village Green Mobile Home Park and a report was taken.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Prosser Dam Road a report of theft of construction tools from site including a large amount of power tools and other equipment.
– At 6 p.m. in Gray’s Crossing a report of theft from a construction site of several power tools. The unknown suspects entered locked storage containers and removed power equipment and a report was filed.
– At 6 p.m. on Kelly Drive there was a report of theft of construction tools from jobsite. Several hand tools and power tools were taken and a report was filed.
– At 7 p.m. on Bottcher Loop there was a report of theft of construction tools from a locked mobile office. Several power tools were taken and a report was filed.
– At 8:55 p.m. on West River Street east of Highway 89 south a vehicle was stopped for a vehicle code violation and it was determined the driver was driving without a driver’s license. The driver was cited and released at the scene.
– At midnight on Donner Pass Road at Meadow Way a driver was stopped at a DUI checkpoint and displayed symptoms of allegedly being under the influence of alcohol and was arrested on suspicion. The driver elected to provide a breath sample at the Truckee jail which measured .07 BAC and was released.
– At 1:35 a.m. on Glenshire Drive east of Highland a driver was determined to allegedly be under the influence of alcohol after being stopped for speed and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. The driver was booked at the Truckee jail without further incident.
– At 5 a.m. east of Alder Drive a resident called police reporting an unknown suspect was knocking on his door. The resident said the male would only “grunt” when asked what he wanted. The suspect was located on the back deck of the residence when police arrived and was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and booked into the Truckee jail without further incident.
– At 6 .m. in Glenshire area several vehicles on numerous streets reported that they had eggs thrown at them. No damage was done and a report was taken.
– At 8 p.m. on Perkins Road a report of a stolen vehicle parked at a residence. An officer observed the vehicle parked in the front yard, contacted the occupant of the residence who was the suspect on suspicion of the theft, and arrested the suspect and booked the subject at the Truckee jail.
– At 8:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a driver was contacted at a DUI checkpoint and it was discovered that the driver had an open beer on his passenger side seat and admitted to drinking alcohol. After a DUI investigation the driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
– At 11 p.m. on Bridge Street a vehicle that was parked at a local hotel had its left front tire stolen and a report was taken.
– At 11:35 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Meadow Way a driver was stopped at the DUI checkpoint and officers discovered the odor of marijuana allegedly emitting from the vehicle. A search of the vehicle resulted in the discovery of less than one ounce of marijuana and the driver was cited.
– At 12:35 a.m. on the south side of Glenshire Drive at Olympic Boulevard a fire was started that was human caused. The suspect fled the scene and was later arrested a short distance from the fire.
– At 8:15 a.m. on West River Street a witness saw a suspect carrying four tires down the road and when the witness confronted the suspect the suspect dropped the tires and ran into the woods. The victim is unknown and the tires were recovered and booked into property and a report was taken.
– At 2 p.m. on Highland Avenue at Glenshire Drive an officer saw subject driving and knew the subject had a suspended license. After stopping the vehicle an odor of marijuana was allegedly smelled coming from the interior of the vehicle. Two juveniles in the vehicle were on probation with a search clause. A moderate amount of marijuana was discovered inside the vehicle, packaging material, and cash, which was allegedly believed to be associated with drug sales. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drug charges, one juvenile was arrested on suspicion of probation of violation, and the other juvenile and the vehicle was released.
– At 2 p.m. a subject was driven to Truckee by a person who found her walking on a country road near Verdi, Nev. The subject reported she had been punched in the face and the person who had allegedly punched her had threatened to kill her. The subject was medically treated and decided she didn’t want to press charges against the person who had allegedly threatened and battered her.
– At 10 p.m. on Highway 89 south there was a report of vandalism of two tires being slashed. The victim said an unknown subject punctured the sidewall of two tires on a vehicle with a tool and a report was taken.
– At 12:15 a.m. on Deerfield Drive there was a verbal argument began after one of the parties believed a dog had been abused. The wife of one of the parties allegedly pushed the other reporting party but no prosecution was desired.
– At 9:30 p.m. on Deerfield Drive there was a report of a victim stating suspect threatened to kill her and any time he sees her in the future she is going to beat her up and a report was taken.
– At 11 p.m. on Zurich Place there was a report of a fight between a male and a female at a residence. The fight was described as physical by the reporting party and the male subject was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.
– At 12:50 a.m. on Highway 89 south at the roundabout there was a report of a non-injury traffic collision.
– At 5:10 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at the west end boat ramp a vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was found to be a minor allegedly under the influence of alcohol. The driver’s license was suspended and a passenger was cited on suspicion of marijuana possession.
– At 6:35 p.m. at Truckee Tahoe Airport a vehicle was seen speeding up and down the runway and was located on the main runway. A vehicle stop was initiated and the vehicle failed to yield. The driver was pursued around the airport before being stopped by a spike strip to the vehicle’s tires and the driver was arrested.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User