Truckee police reports
The following reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Sept. 6 to Sept. 13.
– At 8:25 p.m. downtown, there was a report of a locomotive fire. The train pushed away from the downtown area without incident, and Union Pacific officials were notified to take care of the incident.
– At 11:30 p.m. on Jibboom Street there was a hit and run vehicle accident that occurred when a vehicle was backing out of a parking stall.
– At 11:45 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a home was broken into and several thousand dollars worth of tools were taken from the garage by two unidentified males in a white Ford pickup truck with a missing right rear tail light.
– At 2:16 a.m. on Pine Forest Drive there was a report of a hit and run vehicle accident that resulted in property damage.
– At 9 p.m. on Dorchester Drive a woman reported that her house had been paintballed. The suspects were located and brought to the scene by their fathers who made them clean up the paint with scrub brushes and towels. The juveniles were admonished and the property owner declined prosecution.
– At 2:10 a.m. on Alder Creek Drive east of Rainbow Drive a vehicle was stopped for swerving, The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
– At 9 a.m. on Glenshire Drive west of the Glenshire Bridge a single vehicle accident occurred in which the driver suffered a scratched arm.
– At 1:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road an unknown suspect stole a $1,000 guitar from a local business.
– At 3:15 p.m. on Donner Pass Road one juvenile suspect shot another juvenile with an airsoft gun, causing minor injuries. The airsoft gun was confiscated.
– At 4 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Spring Street a vehicle was stopped because the passenger was not wearing a seatbelt. The driver was found to have outstanding misdemeanor warrants from Southern California and was cited.
– At 8:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a teacher caught an 18-year-old student with alcohol. The student was cited and released on suspicion of being a minor in possession of alcohol.
– At 11:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road officers investigated a commercial burglary in which a safe was stolen from a business. The safe was found nearby and nothing was missing.
– At 9:45 a.m. on Donner Pass Road several students placed a dead porcupine on another student’s windshield.
– At 10:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road an unknown suspect broke a window at a local business.
– At 7:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a man called to report an attempted burglary of his business.
– At 7:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a two-vehicle non-injury collision.
– At 2:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject was contacted behind Safeway in regards to a disturbance call. The subject was found to have a number of outstanding felony warrants and was arrested.
– At 8:35 p.m. on Highway 89 north at Prosser Dam Road a vehicle was stopped for erratic driving. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
I just read Tom McClintock’s piece about inflation, and I can’t imagine he lives in the same world as I do. In his mind, sustainable (“green”) energy that offsets climate change is “bad policy.” He…