Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Sept. 20 to Sept. 27.
– At 1:15 on Alder Drive two students were found of be in possession of marijuana smoking paraphernalia. Both students admitted to having smoked a small quantity of marijuana prior to the start of school, however neither student exhibited symptoms of being under the influence.
– At 4 p.m. on River Park Place a bicycle was stolen from a local business. The subject was arrested after he was found in possession of the bicycle and was linked to other crimes during the night.
– At 5:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a suspect was contacted for a felony warrant out of Nevada County. During the contact it was revealed that the suspect had fraudulent license plates on his vehicle. The suspect was arrested for the warrants and on suspicion of driving with fake plates.
– At 7:45 p.m. on Palisades the Truckee Police Department conducted an operation with the Alcohol and Beverage Control. Their decoy minor successfully purchased alcohol and the store employee was cited on suspicion of selling to a minor. The ABC will pursue charges against the store owner.
– At 8 p.m. on Donner Pass Road the Truckee Police Department conducted an operation with the Alcohol and Beverage Control. Their decoy minor successfully purchased alcohol and the clerk of a convenience store who was then cited for allegedly selling to a minor. The ABC will pursue charges against the store owner.
– At 11:30 p.m. on Ridge Road at Meadow Drive a vehicle was stopped for not having a rear license plate. Upon contacting the driver it was determined that he was also driving without a license. The driver had no identification on him and was arrested on suspicion of unlicensed driving.
– At 4 a.m. a suspect ignited a vehicle and left the scene. The suspect was also observed in the same area looking into vehicles several hours after the incident.
– At 5 a.m. on Brockway Road a male subject went to the Truckee River Regional Park and started a fire inside the men’s restroom. The subject was later arrested on suspicion of arson.
– At 4:10 p.m. on Brockway Road at Highway 267 there was a two-vehicle non-injury collision. One of the drivers was arrested on suspicion of driving without a license.
– At 5:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject was reported to be intoxicated behind a local business. The subject was contacted and arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public.
– At 9:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a motorcycle was stopped for erratic driving. The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and was booked into jail. During the jail intake process, a small amount of cocaine was found on the subject and he was also booked for alleged possession of the drug.
– At 10:45 a.m. on Brockway Road at Estates Drive a vehicle was stopped for a cracked windshield and for an inoperable break light. The driver was found to be unlicensed and was cited on suspicion of driving without a license.
– At 12:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a three-vehicle non-injury collision.
– At 3:40 p.m. on Highway 267 north of Brockway a vehicle was stopped on suspicion of failing to yield to oncoming traffic before making a left turn. The driver was found to be driving without a license and was cited.
– At 6 p.m. in Glenshire a number of street signs were spray painted.
– At 8:30 p.m. on eastbound Interstate 80 at Vista Point a welfare check was called in by the CHP regarding a distraught mother with children in the area of Castle Peak. No CHP units were available to respond so Truckee police responded to the call. Contact was made with the mother who was traveling on Vista Point. The mother was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and the children were taken to the CHP station in Truckee to await the arrival of their father.
– At 9:45 a.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 12:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 5:45 p.m. on Donner Trail a subject was located in Meadow Park and arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
– At noon on West River Street a victim reported that a known suspect assaulted her. The subject was located and arrested on suspicion of battery.
– At 3:45 p.m. on Highway 89 south a vehicle was stopped because the passenger was not wearing a seatbelt. The driver was found to be unlicensed and was cited on suspicion of driving without a license.
– At 8:10 p.m. on Pine Street Tahoe Forest Hospital called to report that there was a drunk person in their emergency room. Officers arrived and arrested the subject on suspicion of disorderly conduct and for being drunk in public.
– At 1:20 a.m. on Royal Crest a vehicle was stopped for weaving and for expired registration. The driver was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of both alcohol and drugs.
– At 4:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a known suspect assaulted a victim and fled the scene. The victim sustained minor injuries and the suspect was located and arrested on suspicion of battery.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User