Truckee police reports
The following reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office from Oct. 18 to Oct. 25
– At 2:40 p.m. on Martis Valley Road at Jeffrey Pine two students were punching one another on the school bus, according to police.
– At 3:20 p.m. on Jibboom Street several juveniles were involved in a physical altercation. One suspect pointed a gun at another juvenile’s head. Officers arrived on scene after the suspects had fled but the victim and a witness were able to identify the suspects including the suspected gunman. The suspect with the firearm could not be located and was believed to have fled to Nevada. The firearm was found and booked as evidence.
– At 11:10 p.m. on Donnington Lane a subject was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication.
–At 12:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a taxi driver reported an intoxicated male subject who had vomited on himself while lying on the ground. Officers located the subject and he was transported to Tahoe Forest Hospital by Truckee fire personnel. The subject was a later booked on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 9:45 a.m. on Alder Drive a student was found by police to be in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana on school grounds.
– At 4:35 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a motorcyclist crashed in a parking lot and was injured.
– At 9:25 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a student was suspected of consuming alcohol before attempting to enter a school function.
– At 11:25 p.m. an officer followed a group of juveniles who left a school dance and went to a party at a house on Roundhill Drive. The officer attempted to make contact, but the juveniles ran. Officers cleared the party out and contacted the homeowner.
– At 11:35 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Old Gateway a vehicle was stopped for doing 45 mph in a 25 mph zone. The driver was arrested on suspicion of driving without a license or proper identification. During the booking process it was discovered that the suspect had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant from Placer County. The suspect was released with a notice to appear.
– At 10:20 p.m. on Palisades Drive a suspect was involved in a minor property damage only traffic collision in a parking lot and was subsequently arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
–At 7 p.m. on Estates Drive a subject called police to report a theft of her medications. Upon contact with the victim officers learned of an alleged sexual assault that has taken place earlier that day. The suspect was detained nearby and arrested for outstanding warrants. Later the suspect was booked into jail on suspicion of sexual assault charges.
– At 11:10 p.m. on Donner Pass Road Truckee officers were told of a suspect who had two active out-of-county warrants. The subject was contacted and arrested. A separate investigation determined that the suspect was also to be booked for rape and sodomy charges.
–At 3:35 p.m. on Brockway Road at Palisades Drive there was a three-vehicle traffic collision. The driver at fault was cited for allegedly driving without a license or insurance.
– At 5 p.m. on West River Street at McIver Crossing there was a two-vehicle non-injury traffic collision. One driver did not have valid insurance.
–At 6 p.m. on Pioneer Trail officers responded to reports of a possible pipe bomb that was later determined to be a toy gun.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User