Truckee police reports
The following reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office from Oct. 26 to Nov. 1.
– At 9:30 p.m. in the Prosser area officers responded to a 911 call from a resident concerning roommates. The roommates separated for the night and a report was taken.
– At 12 a.m. on Lausanne Way a known suspect entered a room and took a laptop computer, avalanche beacon, and a cell phone charger. The victim confronted the suspect and recovered the laptop. The suspect has not been located.
– At 11:40 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a student became frustrated with classmates and made a comment about bringing a gun to school.
– At 12:15 a.m. on Estates Drive two suspects attempted to break into vehicles parked in a parking lot.
– At 2 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Glenshire Drive a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was found to have an out-of-state warrant, was cited and released with a notice to appear in court.
– At 3:15 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a Truckee resident reported seeing a subject marking a pole with graffiti. The suspect was contacted by officers and a report was taken.
– At 4:25 p.m. on Highway 267 an officer was advised of a possible drunk driver. The vehicle was stopped and the driver was found by police to be under the influence of alcohol. He was arrested and was booked in jail without incident.
– At 7:45 p.m. a vehicle was investigated in a vacant lot on Alder Drive. Officers confiscated alcohol and illegal drugs from juveniles who were then released to a parent.
– At 11 a.m. on Coldstream Road a suspect pulled a victim’s hair and kicked her in the stomach one time. The altercation involved a dispute at the place of employment.
– At 2:45 p.m. officers went to Glenshire Drive on a report of a possible drunk driver. The vehicle was located with a single male occupant. The man was extremely intoxicated and unable to care for himself, police said. He was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and was booked into jail after a medical clearance from Tahoe Forest Hospital.
– At 6:15 p.m. on Dorchester Drive officers were dispatched to a vehicle with reports of vandalism. It was determined to be a road rage incident, assault with a deadly weapon, and a felony vandalism report was taken.
– At 8:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. Officers discovered the driver had a suspended driver’s license. The driver was cited and released to the passenger who had a valid driver’s license.
– At 9:10 a.m. on West River Street an unknown suspect called a business several times using profanities and a report was filed.
– At 12 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a single vehicle collision occurred at the bus depot when the bus collided with a street light.
– At 8 a.m. on Berkshire Circle a subject drove a vehicle into the side of a portable toilet and knocked it over. The subject’s vehicle suffered damage to one of the lights. The subject left a cell phone and possibly a beer can.
– At 1 p.m. on Levon Avenue was a report of a subject with a warrant who was attempting to obtain social services. The warrant was confirmed and the subject was arrested.
– At 3:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a report of a person vomiting outside a bar in downtown Truckee. The person was contacted, taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital, was cited and released on suspicion of public drunkenness.