Truckee Police Reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Nov. 1 to Nov. 8.
– At 11:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road someone was reported selling shoes in front of downtown shops. The subject was associated with a white van displaying numerous anti-war slogans written in pink. The subject was located and found to be peacefully protesting but was not selling shoes.
– At 2:30 p.m. on Pine Cone Drive officers responded to a 911 disconnect. Investigation revealed that a domestic dispute had occurred in which the female victim attempted to dial 911. The involved male took the phone from her and broke it, and then proceeded to break all other phones in the house. He was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and booked into jail without further dispute.
Support Local Journalism
– At 3:50 p.m. on Donner Pas Road at Glenshire Drive a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred.
– At 10 p.m. on High Street a woman called to report an unknown man banging on her front door who was possibly drunk. Officers contacted the man and arrested him on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 7:25 a.m. on Highway 89 north a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred.
– At 2:20 p.m. on West River Street at Highway 89 south a two-vehicle non-injury collision was reported.
– At 6:05 p.m. on Glenshire Drive a single-vehicle accident with minor injuries occurred.
– At 7:10 a.m. on Martis Valley Road at Jeffrey Pine Road a traffic accident with minor injuries took place.
– At 4 a.m. on Palisades Drive a driver was found to be sleeping in a running vehicle. The driver was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 2 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Glenshire Drive a vehicle was stopped for a code violation and the driver was arrested for suspected DUI.
– At 2:50 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting. The merchandise was returned to the stores.
– At 3 p.m. on Donner Pass Road officers responded to a motel regarding a family dispute. Investigation revealed that a battery had taken place.
– At 6:15 p.m. on Pioneer Trail officers were dispatched to an out of control juvenile. The juvenile was suspected to have vandalized his parent’s residence and was allegedly in possession of psilocybin and marijuana paraphernalia. The juvenile was arrested and booked.
– At 5 a.m. on Oslo Drive a single-vehicle accident with private property damage only occurred.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User