Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Nov. 8 to Nov. 15
– At 5:30 p.m. on Pioneer Trail an out-of-control juvenile vandalized a residence for the second time in two days. The juvenile was located at a friend’s house and was arrested on suspicion of vandalism and booked into juvenile hall.
– At 7:20 p.m. on Royal Crest Drive several contraband items were found in a residence during a probation search.
– At 10 p.m. on westbound Interstate 80 Truckee Police officers assisted the CHP and Sparks Police with a kidnapping investigation. The kidnapping occurred in Sparks and the victim was dropped off in the Boca area. The victim walked to the CHP scales to report the incident and ask for help.
– At 9:15 a.m. on Brockway Drive a suspect was arrested for allegedly violating a domestic violence restraining order.
– At 9:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road officers responded to a possible knife fight between two males but instead discovered a domestic violence dispute between a male and a female. The male suspect was arrested for allegedly violating his probation and for suspected domestic violence.
– At 9:10 p.m. on Pine Avenue Tahoe Forest Hospital emergency room personnel requested that Truckee Police test an white powdery substance that an infant had ingested in Kings Beach. The substance tested positive for cocaine and the Placer County Sheriff’s Office was contacted to take on the investigation.
–At 2:17 a.m. on Brockway Road a subject was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication for having two out-of-county warrants.
–At 9:10 p.m. on Worchester Circle a man borrowed his roommate’s car and left the engine running while visiting a friend. The car was stolen within five minutes and was found wrecked the next day.
– At 7:25 a.m. on Interstate 80 at Prosser Village Road an officer stopped as vehicle after it almost hit his patrol unit. The driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
– At 11 p.m. on West River Street a commercial business was burglarized and several power tools were taken.
– At 1 p.m. on West River Street officers contacted a family for a welfare check. The check was determined to be unfounded, but the mother had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant and was arrested.
–At 4:45 p.m. on Deerfield Drive there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 6:55 a.m. on Highway 89 south at Deerfield Drive a driver was pulled over for code violations and was found to be driving without a license. The driver had also been cited in October of this year for not having a license. The vehicle was impounded for 30 days.
– At 9:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road at Levon Avenue an officer stopped a vehicle for code violations. The driver was found to be unlicensed and the car’s registration was expired. The vehicle was released to the passenger, who was licensed.
– At 3:25 on the Interstate 80 westbound off-ramp at Highway 89 south someone sustained a minor injury in a traffic accident.
– At 6:10 p.m. on Glenshire Drive a Truckee Police detective witnessed a vehicle nearly cause a head-on collision. The driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI and was booked into jail.
–At 10:50 p.m. police officers pulled over a vehicle for having a mechanical problem. The driver was found to be an unlicensed juvenile. The juvenile was cited and released to parents.
–At midnight on Donner Pass Road an officer responded to the emergency room at Tahoe Forest Hospital to take a report from an assault victim being treated for injuries to his face. Suspect information was provided.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User