Truckee police reports
The following reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Dec. 13 to Dec. 20.
– At 7:10 a.m. on Alder Creek Road a two-vehicle non-injury collision was reported.
– At 7:50 p.m. on Bridge Street officers received a call from a citizen reporting an adult male who was falling in the street, vomiting, and appearing to be severely intoxicated. The subject was located behind a business and was too intoxicated to care for himself. He was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and booked into jail.
– At 12:15 a.m. on Pine Avenue a man brought his girlfriend to the hospital and said she had been sexually assaulted at a party, but the woman denied the allegation.
– At 1:30 p.m. on The Strand a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred.
– At 3:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road someone broke into a storage locker and stole several propane tanks.
– At 4:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a man entered a store, grabbed two bottles of alcohol and attempted to leave without paying. The subject was arrested on suspicion of commercial burglary and was booked into jail.
– At 11:20 a.m. on Estates Drive a juvenile was found by parents to be in possession of a soda can altered to be used as a marijuana smoking device. The juvenile was cited and released.
– At 5:10 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard a vehicle slid off the road and hit a power pole.
– At midnight on Brockway Road at Estates Drive a driver was given a notice to appear after he was seen speeding and passing over a double yellow line.
– At midnight on Brockway Road at Reynolds Way a two-car collision caused major injuries.
– At 3:20 a.m. on Highway 267 a driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
– At 10 p.m. on Rainbow Drive and Pine Forest Road a vehicle slid off the road onto private property. The property owner asked that the vehicle be towed from his property. When the vehicle owner arrived on scene, a civil compromise was reached with the tow truck driver and the owner.
– At 10 p.m. on Alder Creek Road a single-vehicle roll-over resulted in an arrest on suspicion of DUI and child endangerment.
– At 3 a.m. on Pioneer Trail Truckee police received a call reporting a domestic violence incident between the reporting party and her ex-boyfriend that included vandalism and destruction of private property.
– At 7 a.m. on Boca Lake Road an officer met with the suspected victim of a domestic violence incident that had just occurred. The victim had fresh injuries to her neck and face, but did not require medical attention. The aggressor was located later and was booked on suspicion of felony domestic violence and felony false imprisonment.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Prosser Drive a man received a death threat on his answering machine.
– At 10 p.m. on Waterloo Circle officers received a call regarding an unresponsive male who was found inside his home by a family member. The Truckee Fire Protection District pronounced the man deceased.
– At 7:40 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard at Northwoods Boulevard, an officer stopped a vehicle for erratic driving. The driver was found to be sober, but a search of the vehicle revealed three marijuana pipes, which were taken for destruction.
– At 1:45 a.m. on Bernese Lane a subject was contacted regarding fireworks being discharged from a residence. A Roman candle firework was confiscated from the residence and later destroyed.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User