Truckee police reports
The following incidents come from the Truckee Police Department and the Nevada County Sheriff’s Office logs from Dec. 20 to Dec. 28.
– At midnight on Donner Pass Road a subject reported a person he knows went inside his residence and ate some of his food and used his utilities. The person knew they were not to be inside the residence but told the subject they had nowhere else to go. The person left before police arrived.
– At 1:10 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a vehicle was stolen from a gas station. The reporting party said the suspect had dropped off one vehicle and then stolen another vehicle while the gas pump nozzle was still in the vehicle.
– At 7:35 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a subject was seen running naked through a restaurant. The suspect was last seen running westbound on Deerfield Drive. An area check was performed but the subject was not located.
– At 8:15 a.m. on Highway 267 a two-vehicle collision occurred on the bypass.
– At 8:25 a.m. on Highway 89 north at Interstate 80 a two-vehicle collision occurred. One of the vehicle’s involved in the collision fled the scene.
– At 8:45 a.m. on Highway 267 a traffic collision occurred with a complaint of a pain injury.
– At 2:35 p.m. on Northwoods Boulevard a non-injury collision occurred.
– At 2:45 p.m. on Glenshire Drive an officer responded to a single-vehicle spinout west of the Glenshire subdivision. The driver was found to be attempting to move his vehicle from a ditch. He was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence and booked into jail without further incident.
– At 4:05 p.m. on Lemon Court an officer responded to a report of a man down, with CPR in progress. The subject was confirmed dead by medics and an officer secured the scene until the coroner arrived. There appeared to be nothing suspicious about the death, but the cause of death is yet to be determined.
– At 5:30 p.m. on Denton Avenue an unknown suspect took a subject’s license plate from an unattended vehicle without permission or consent.
– At 12:10 p.m. on W. River Street a victim reported a suspect attempted to run him over in a vehicle after the suspect told the victim he was going to kill him.
– At 10:10 p.m. on Donner Pass Road an unknown suspect broke a mirror inside a gas station restroom.
– At 2:30 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a Truckee resident reported her vehicle was involved in a hit-and-run collision.
– At 4 p.m. on Glenshire Drive an officer responded to a report of a hand gesture incident. A report was taken and sent to the district attorney for review and possible action.
– At 8 p.m. on Donner Pass Road officers responded to a 911 call involving a subject causing a disturbance with a knife.
– At 12:55 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a suspect robbed a store and was confronted by the store manager in the parking lot. The suspect dropped all the stolen merchandise and ran. The suspect was identified by the store manager, however, the suspect was not located at his residence. The suspect’s vehicle was towed and the case was sent to the district attorney’s office for a criminal complaint filing.
– At 1:55 a.m. on Glenshire Drive at Old Highway 40 a subject was involved in a single-vehicle collision which resulted in minor injuries to the passenger. The driver was arrested on suspicion of felony drunken driving.
– At 3:05 a.m. on Estates Drive a suspect was reported to be passed out in the hallway. The suspect was found to be intoxicated and was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 1 p.m. on Highway 89 south a purse was found at a gas station. The owner was located and the purse was returned. The victim stated there was cash missing from inside the purse as well as a credit card.
– At 2 p.m. on W. River Street officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle which occurred in Tahoe City. Police located the vehicle parked in a driveway, which was occupied by one male subject. Officers contacted the subject and arrested him on suspicion of an unrelated charge. The suspect was located inside the adjacent trailer and arrested him on suspicion of grand theft auto and on an outstanding warrant. The stolen vehicle was returned and the suspect was booked into jail without further incident.
– At 11:30 p.m. on Olympic Boulevard a subject reported a black pick-up truck was possibly involved in a collision in his driveway. Officers determined no collision had occurred. The vehicle’s owner was contacted in the vehicle and was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
– At 9:30 p.m. on Brockway Road a subject reported his vehicle had been keyed by a known subject. Officers contacted all the individuals involved and determined they were all juveniles. Two juvenile suspects are on active probation and denied involvement.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User