Truckee Police reports
– At 8 a.m. on Lausanne Way an unknown suspect threw a snowball at a snowplow driver and hit him in the shoulder.
– At 12:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road at Northwoods Boulevard there was a non-injury traffic accident.
– At 1:35 p.m. on Martis Valley Road there was a non-injury vehicle accident.
Support Local Journalism
– At 3:45 p.m. on River Loop a woman called to report numerous people inside her daughter’s bedroom. Police arrested one adult and one juvenile on various charges.
– At 2:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road two people were in a fight and one was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 9:55 p.m. on Brockway Road at Reynold Way an ambulance was involved in a non-injury two-vehicle collision.
– At 2 a.m. on Swiss Lane people were firing off fireworks in a neighborhood and a citation was issued to the responsible party.
– At 12:50 a.m. on Commercial Row police contacted a man for having an open container of alcohol. The man was arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness and was found to be a registered sex offender.
– At 1:45 a.m. outside the Squaw Valley cable car building, Placer County sheriff’s deputies requested assistance from Truckee police, the CHP and El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office to assist with a large crowd. Placer County made numerous arrests for public intoxication, resisting arrest and assaulting police officers.
– At noon on Alder Drive officers received a report of a single-vehicle accident. The vehicle was found running on the roadside but the interior had been stripped and pieces of the body were missing. The vehicle was found to have been stolen out of Reno, and the owner was contacted.
– At 1:15 p.m. on Hillside Drive a 3-year-old was walking in the street unattended. Citizens called the police when the child reported that she didn’t know where she lived. Officers located the child’s residence and reunited her with her mother and baby-sitter.
– At 8:30 a.m. on Olympic Boulevard a resident reported an unknown suspect had entered their home through an unlocked back door. Jewelry and cash were taken from two upstairs bedrooms. Nothing else in the residence was disturbed.
– At 5:15 p.m. on Palisades Drive two brothers were involved in a verbal argument and one of the men waved a knife at the other. The aggressor was found to have an outstanding misdemeanor warrant out of Sierra County and he was cited and released with a new court date.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User