Truckee police reports
The following police reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Jan. 17 to Jan. 24
– At 11 a.m. on Rocky Lane two vehicles were involved in an accident.
– At 1:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a person sustained injuries in a single-vehicle roll-over. The driver was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.
– At 1 p.m. on Donner Pass Road there was a single-vehicle accident.
– At 4 p.m. on Interstate 80 officers were dispatched to a physical fight in progress on a Greyhound bus. The bus stopped at the westbound CHP scales and one man was arrested.
– At 6:05 p.m. on Industrial Way an off-duty police officer reported a driver who was swerving. An on-duty officer pulled the vehicle over and arrested the driver on suspicion of DUI.
– At 9:45 p.m. on Highway 89 north a driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI after hitting another vehicle.
– At 9:24 on Highway 89 south at Donner Pass Road a driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI after she struck another vehicle.
– At 8:20 a.m. on Jeffrey Pine Road no one was injured in a two-vehicle accident.
– At 9:45 a.m. on Spring Street someone hit a parked car
– At 9 a.m. on Hirschdale Road a man requested ambulance assistance after he accidentally discharges his firearm while cleaning it. The bullet entered his left hand and lodged in the bed.
– At 4:20 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a driver struck a pedestrian while allegedly under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, child endangerment and DUI.
– At 4:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a verbal argument took place between the driver and passenger of a vehicle. The driver was placed under arrested on suspicion of DUI and child endangerment. The two children in the car were placed into temporary Child Protection.
– At 3:30 p.m. Truckee police registered a transient sex offender.
– At 11 a.m. Truckee police registered a sex offender
– At 11:30 p.m. on Brockway Road at Palisades Drive a driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
– At 3:40 a.m. on Palisades Drive an intoxicated male was arrested while attempting to break into a business.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Kelley R. Carroll, a certified specialist, handles estate planning and will contests in our office with the help of our firm’s litigation department. I do not handle any, be forewarned.