Truckee police reports
The following reports are collected from Truckee Police Department and Nevada County Sheriff’s Office reports from Feb. 1 to Feb. 6.
– At 7 a.m. on Interstate 80 near the CHP scales a subject reported several power poles had been cut down and they were missing several thousand dollars worth of copper power cables.
– At 9:30 a.m. on Red Fir Road a subject reported a verbal argument occurred with his ex-wife.
– At 3:45 p.m. on Bridge Street a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred on private property in the parking lot.
– At 5:20 p.m. on Donner Pass Road two juveniles found change left inside a newspaper vending machine. The money was recovered and booked to be returned to the newspaper company.
– At 10:35 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject was reportedly asleep in a wheelchair. The subject was contacted and arrested on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– At 11:45 p.m. on Donner Pass Road an intoxicated subject was arrested downtown on suspicion of public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
– At 11:25 a.m. on Donner Pass Road near Truckee High School a male subject was contacted by officers as he was walking down the street. An investigation revealed the subject was in possession of methamphetamine and was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance.
– At 5:40 p.m. on Highway 89 north at Donner Pass Road two vehicles collided in the intersection.
– At 6:40 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a search warrant was executed leading to the arrest of a subject on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia.
– At 8 p.m. on Donner Pass Road an investigation of alleged narcotic sales at a residence led to the service of two search warrants. The search warrants resulted in the discovery of about 85 grams of cocaine and 10 grams of methamphetamine and the arrest of three subjects for possession of controlled substances for sales.
– At 10:45 p.m. on Jeffrey Pine Road officers responded to a noise complaint. The subject was contacted and a records check on the subject revealed the individual had an active warrant out of Placer County. The warrant was confirmed and the subject was arrested and booked into Truckee Jail without further incident.
– At 8:30 a.m. on Comstock Lane at Industrial Way a vehicle was observed blocking the roadway due to mechanical problems and was towed.
– At 9:20 a.m. on Donner Pass Road an unidentified male suspect attempted to break into the cash box machine that operates the car wash at a local gas station and convenience store. The suspect damaged the machine in the attempt.
– At 2:30 p.m. on Deerfield Drive a fight involving three subjects occurred. Although the subjects sustained injuries due to the fight, the subjects declined medical attention at the scene. The matter was investigated and sent to the District Attorney’s office for review.
– At 2:55 p.m. on Donner Pass Road a local business manager reported she had a female juvenile detained for shoplifting. The juvenile was cited and released to a relative.
– At 9:40 p.m. on Northwoods Blvd. an ex-boyfriend kicked in the front door of his ex-girlfriend’s residence and left when confronted by his ex-girlfriend with a firearm. The ex-boyfriend was located by officers leaving the area and was arrested on suspicion of inflicting corporal injury.
– At midnight on Donner Pass Road an unknown suspect was observed loading a fire pit and several bags of wood pellets into his vehicle and driving off without paying.
– At 7:30 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a subject reported she was followed by her neighbor, whom she had been having an ongoing neighborhood dispute with.
– At 7:05 p.m. on Jibboom Street an officer stopped a vehicle for an expired registration, a broken tail light, and after observing the vehicle roll through a stop sign. The driver was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol and was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
– At 9:10 a.m. on Donner Pass Road a reported stolen vehicle from Petaluma Police Department was recovered in Truckee. The registered owner was notified.
– At 2 p.m. on Pioneer Trail a two-vehicle non-injury collision occurred on private property.
– At 3:15 p.m. on White Fir Road a suspect was arrested for two outstanding warrants.
– At 10:40 p.m. on Soaring Way at Tahoe Truckee Airport a vehicle was stopped for a code violation. The driver was found to be driving without a driver’s license and was cited and released at the scene. The vehicle was released to the registered owner who arrived at the scene during the incident.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User